Grandpa died, they didn't say anything

by Sir cid fatos 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri
    JW's can be very, very strange. Whenever someone in our congregation died my wife would regret that it was not her. She used to say, " They are the lucky ones". Straight to the new system by means of resurrection.
  • flipper
    flipper
    SIR CID- my deepest condolences to you on the loss of your grandfather. I'm so sorry. The JW's that treated you disrespectfully have been trained to show disrespect by the WT Society. They are trained to show no true human compassion to others. It's sad and disgusting at the same time . I hope you have non-Witness friends and relatives to comfort you through this difficult time. Take care, Sincerely, Flipper
  • Gone and forgotten
    Gone and forgotten
    Sir Cid, I am sorry for your loss. Be patient with your friends. If they know you well, they may have been trying to be tactful. With the JW beliefs concerning the dead, they may have thought you would have been uncomfortable with any words of comfort they would have given you, and they would have been uncomfortable with anything else. Ask them about it, but be prepared to tell them your beliefs as well. Many times JW's take questions as opportunities to preach.
  • MissFit
    MissFit

Sir Cid, I am sorry I just saw this thread about your grandpa.  You have my deepest sympathies.  Were you very close? I never met either of mine.  I hope you have some nice memories. Feel free to share them if It isn't too painful.

About your JW friends, I agree with Gone, your friends were being respeaceful by not preaching to you.  They are socially awkward.

Feel free to ask us anything that confuses you about them. You will get honest answers here,  not the party line.

Miss.Fit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit