What is happening with Stoops?

by OrphanCrow 10 Replies latest jw friends

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Stoops Manufacturing, the WT approved distribrution company for "all things JW" for many years, has been dissolved because of a "failure to file an administration report" with the State of Missouri.

https://bsd.sos.mo.gov/BusinessEntity/BusinessEntityDetail.aspx?page=beSearch&ID=404520

You can download the full document from that link.

Does anyone know anything about Stoops? Their website appears to still be functional, with new products released in 2016, yet they are not to be conducting business as of September 2015, according to the above information.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    the end is nigh
  • blondie
    blondie

There is also another company another name that sends me e-mails from time to time. They sent an e-mail saying they were not run by apostates.

Maybe the WTS is going after them.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

There are a few companies selling JW products. Madzay, Peglala, Ministryideaz, and others. Just google jw products and it all is shown. They remind me of the JW's who get into anything to sell to make a few bucks.

HappyDad

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Hmmmm...

What is odd is that the Stoops website seems to be operational - which violates the directive from the State of Missouri that states they cannot carry on business.

Who is running Stoops since it was dissolved and how can they legally still carry on business?

Something isn't adding up

• Simon
    Simon
    Maybe the website is to 'wind up the business' (sell remaining inventory?) or it could just mean they don't do business in Missouri but can transact elsewhere.
  • cultBgone
    cultBgone
    The corporation I work for must be registered in every state in which we do business. Stoops cannot legally continue to operate without a current Missouri registration, but it doesn't appear from the list of filings that they've even attempted to bring their registration current. Zero activity on that front. Might be worthwhile (?) to call the Missouri Secretary of State's office to let them know.
  • blondie
    blondie

Ministryideaz

HappyDad, that was the one......a long memo "proving" they are not apostates.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I took a look at their website. The "About Us" link may provide some clues.

It sounds like they started in the 1950s. My guess they are pretty old at this point. Notice this comment:

"We lived modestly and I was able to serve in the full-time unpaid volunteer ministry (known as Pioneer Ministry) for 30 years until health and nerve problems prevented continuing."

https://stoopsmanufacturing.com/ns/about-us/

I wish the couple well. I have purchased from them over the years.Like most old-timers, my guess is that did not plan on being in this old system at this point in their lives.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350
    They don't need to be a corporation to sell stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit