Judge sanctions WTS - $4k per day penalty for not producing sex abuse documents

by Simon 221 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    stuckinarut: As kairos perfectly said, THIS is why the "police" in riot gear were eagerly hunting down the "witnesses" in the bunker video!

I totally agree.

The purpose of the bunker video is to prepare JWs for the "authorities" rounding up the pedophiles on The List. The JWs will think they are being persecuted because they are JWs but the real reason the police will be coming is to arrest the elders who covered up the criminal rape of children.

Great Tribulation indeed.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Orphancrow - "What will be that watershed moment that will be remembered as the one event that finally opened the floodgates and opened people’s eyes to it all?"

GB members pleading guilty to SCOTUS and/or publicly renouncing WT ideology on CNN in exchange for, say, reduced sentences.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

pssst...vidiot...I don't think I said that. Baldeagle did.

It is easy to get us birds mixed up...we all look the same to you, don't we? lol!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Problemaddict2 - "They have several high power firms across the US they use."

Now there's something worth pursuing.

Expose the names of those firms, and what they're defending the WTS over.

Shame them into quitting.

PS @ orphancrow... Fixed.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    vidiot: PS @ orphancrow... Fixed

Cool. It would be a shame if we had bird stereotyping happening around here...haha!

• eyeuse2badub
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Problemaddict2 - "Has any court in America ever taken down, or gone head to head with an established religion? and won?"

First time for everything.

Besides, the tide of public opinion is far less on the side of organized religion now than it ever was before, and whether anyone wants to acknowledge it or not, said public opinion does have an impact on court proceedings.

And I've suggested before that if the Courts eventually felt compelled to "make and example" of a group to mollify public outcry (not a completely unrealistic scenario), the WTS has no "friends in high places" to come to bat for them... they are generally disliked, and would therefore garner very public sympathy... and are actually culpable for egregious offenses (not to mention that they avail themselves of many gov-subsidized public services, yet give virtually nothing in return).

In the Information Age, I don't think it's unrealistic to suggest that the Supreme Court might rule certain expressions of religious extremism as unconstitutional, with fines and sanctions as penalties.

And on a related note, the IRS revokes the tax-exempt status of approximately 100 different groups a year, for various violations... churches included. The WTS was apparently threatened with that very thing a few years back (related to the pedo problem), and they were willing to scrap the at-home Book Study rather than lose their "charitable" status.

• flipper
    flipper
    I agree with what Dunedain says. We can have an effect on getting the word out about child abuse within the WT Society. Leaving printouts about it on grocery store billboards works very well. Low risk, and people start tearing off JWFacts.com tear off sheets to check it out on the Internet. I've been doing that as well as lots of other people on the board here. And people ARE tearing off the sheets and checking this information out. Public needs to know. Peace out, Mr. flipper
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

What flipper said.

Link, "like", and hashtag the shit out of it.

ALL of it.
  • TerryWalstrom

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit