What are your personal reasons for hating the Jehovah's Witnesses religion ?

by Rocketman123 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

First thing comes to mind is that this organization through its leaders are not witnessing the true and honest version of the Gospel teachings of Jesus Christ .

They are subjectively teaching/preaching a tainted version made up by the top controlling men of the organization, which I'm sure is connected to the proliferation and distribution of literature which these men publish themselves.

When Jesus said that no one knows of the time not even he, he didn't say a select few will know .

The other thing that bothers me is this organization promotes human ignorance on many levels, admonishing education or knowledge that mankind needs for its very survival..

There are many other religious organizations that do this as well but the JWS is just one of these organizations.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I don’t hate the religion ... I think some of its tenets are dangerous and detrimental to people, that’s all. That doesn’t mean it should be wholly destroyed.

Its many bad ideas should be fought against, and it should be limited only to the extent that it cannot practice stuff that tramps human dignity and/or puts people in danger.

As for the rest, stupid is as stupid does ....

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hate is not the word... Hate is destructive to the hater and I avoid such emotions.

I certainly reject that organisation.I can see that it does not do what it claims to do , it is not a bridge between God and man, does teach the truth about his word. However many of the people within it are good people, although duped , as I was once.

I chose to have some contact for family sake but I hold their beliefs in disdain and their organisation in cold indifference

• minimus
    minimus

I don’t hate the religion either. Many aspects of the religion I don’t like though.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    I don’t hate the religion ... I think some of its tenets are dangerous and detrimental to people, that’s all. That doesn’t mean it should be wholly destroyed.
    Hate is not the word... Hate is destructive to the hater and I avoid such emotions.
    many of the people within it are good people, although duped , as I was once.
    I don’t hate the religion either. Many aspects of the religion I don’t like though.

Though the WT paints apostates as "hating" their religion, it is not the reality. We hate some of their actions and teachings, but not everything as a whole.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Hate may be too strong of a descriptive word to use .

Let's rephrase the question.....

To what are some of the things that you mostly disagree with about the JWS religion ?

I think publicly disfellowshiping is not a advent of Christian values expressed by Jesus himself.

A warning about associating with people who are behaving in a wrongful manner is probably good advise .

People have been DFed for simply being openly critical to some of the doctrines which are in the JWS faith, such as the year 1914.

Some have been Dfed for coming out as being homosexual.

There is long list of things which people have been Dfed which resulted in families being broken apart as well marriages and close relationships.

• Overrated
    Overrated

I don't Hate. But I do hate the over the top control that Jwism has on people that causes them or doesn't allow them to think for themselves. The unreasonable shunning if you choose you no longer want to be part of the group. The frowning on higher education, is very disturbing.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i HATE it. The shunning policy wrecks families.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

One other thing that's probably comes close to the top of the list is the refusal of blood transfusions.

This one hits myself bit hard since I had a family member die from refusing a BT.

To date since this doctrine was introduced some 80 years ago thousands of people (JWS) have died from this doctrine alone which to many religious or not is repugnant and heartless .

• Biahi
    Biahi

I was robbed of a normal childhood, and a future (college), and for nothing. As far as I’m concerned, they owe me an apology, and about 5 million dollars. Suck it, WT!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit