How Far Up The Ladder Did You Go In JW Land?

by minimus 82 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I pretty much did it all. Vacation Pioneered as a youngster and became a Regular Pioneer out of school. I became a MS then an elder.....the Organization pushes you to be somebody within the confines of their realm. And that translates into being a non entity in the world in which we live in. What a HORRIBLE WASTE OF TIME!

• fulano
    fulano

Regular Pioneer, special pioneer, Bethelite , missionary.

MS and elder for 12 years.

in 1999 left missionary-service and quit as an elder 2000 and left the show in 2001. I havent regret one single day of that decision.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I was a ministerial servant from 1990 to 1995. Then again 2000-2001.

I regular pioneered out of high school in 1990.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

MS for 3 years.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool
    Minimus, I agree with you that it is a horrible waste of time!
  • compound complex
    compound complex

Much of the above.

I really loved my work among the warm, loving Caribbean people in my foreign language "missionary" territory. They readily had us into their homes, assembling friends and family to listen to us. The increase was huge, but to what end, I now puzzle. Putting together circuit and district assemblies/conventions was a blast.

My Bethel work as a proofreader -- a very taxing job -- "interfered" with my preaching and teaching all over New York (Brooklyn, Manhattan, Nyack, etc.) I had to give it all up, like so many young, earnest Bethelites, who crashed and burned.

I still edit/proofread but NOW GET PAID FOR what they trained me TO DO FOR FREE.

• minimus
    minimus

CC , good for you!! You are a very good human being!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

MS 10+ years and Elder 3 years.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I was also a "vacation" pioneer. Now you know how old I am.

• compound complex
    compound complex

(((((minimus)))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit