Yet another example why you can't reason with a JW

by nowwhat? 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

My fault I meant 8 .anyway he always listens to me when I tell him about the c.s.a. coverups and lawsuits , failed prophecy etc. But his mentality is since there isn't a better alternative he will just stick with the watchtower and it's flaws. He is just to invested in the panda paradise.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If he starts to shit on you for not being a JWS then you'll have to shut the door on him, make sure he gets that clear.

Its their way of showing loyalty to Jehovah and his chosen earthly organization, there is so much psychological pressure for JWS members to show their loyalty to the organization through guilt, fear and obligation , JWS will enact their loyalty toward once members in a very socially disrespectful way.

JWS are trained to shit on people who were once in the organization, really not kidding.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I think people give up too easily when a JW dismisses your argument with a flippant answer .

You should hammer your point home until they give up and cant defend their logic anymore .

EG.Zech.8:23 a scripture that JW`s have applied to the last days read it and hammer home the point that this is not happening now even by their own latest yearbook ,so that means we are not in the last days yet.

Isa.60:22 Another scripture that the JW`s have pointed out to be filled in the last days. And it has not occurred in this period of time again showing that we are not living in the last days according to the scriptures of the Bible and hammer that home until they break down in defeat .

And ask them if they truly believe the Revelation book that stated that Revelation Chapt.8-9 concerning the 7 trumpets was fullfilled at the Cedar Point Ohio Convention in the 1920`s in fullfillment of that prophecy .

And don`t let them weasel their way out of it , hammer it home until they concede defeat.

Your the one with the winning hand not them ,don`t let them side track you.

However I`m afraid many of us do just that.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

But his mentality is since there isn't a better alternative he will just stick with the watchtower and it's flaws. He is just to invested in the panda paradise.

There. You said it. At least for now, he's not willing to "rock the boat". All of those nagging questions are compartmentalized and locked up for now. But they are there! Someday some time they may resurface. For most ex-JW's it seems to take a person affront from someone in higher position to awaken them to TTATT. Something touches their eyeball and they sit up and take notice. But until it is THEIR OWN eyeball, they can continue to look the other way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit