Why did Lloyd Evans say in one of his latest video

by mickbobcat 29 Replies latest social current

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

He also wrote that booklet "How to leave Jehovah's witnesses" after he got the idea from another Youtuber, an Irish guy, who wrote a book on how to leave the watchtower but gave it away FREE. Lloyd, of course, not only copied his idea but tried to charge people for putting THEIR stories in the book,too (to pad it out).

I think JWsurvey is a good site essentially because "John Redwood" is a really excellent journalist and writes fantastic pieces. Also Sasha and his wife began offering support to people from the site, which is great. Whatever you say about Lloyd he's very good at attracting some excellent people to work with him.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Bill Covert, are you saying (in part) that the 2013 NWT translation of Lev. 5:1 is correct and an improvement of the 1984 NWT (at least for USA English readers) and that in the Sept. 1, 1987 WT article the WT correctly said what the verse meant someone calling down curses (in the name of Jehovah/YHWH) against those who witness a crime but don't report it to legal authorities, but that the WT misapplied it in the Sept. 1, 1987 WT article about a situation of a JW obtaining an abortion?

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

It sounds like the 2013 NWT has a number of improvements in its revision of the 1984 NWT. I am thus now considering obtaining a copy of one, even though thus far I have not obtained any WT publications having a copyright date later than the year 2010. I became an outright positive/strong atheist in the year 2010 or 2011.

• minimus
    minimus

I just read this thread. I’ve seen him on tv and he presented himself pretty well except for one thing, he seemed to love the sound of his voice.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

the sound of his voice

I like his accent.

• minimus
    minimus

I didn’t mean his accent, lol. He sounded like he loved hearing himself talk.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

He may be a dick, but I don’t remember him being particularly insufferable when he was here. So he makes a living exposing TTATT, I hope he continues doing so for many years to come. His web site and UTube channel played a huge role in waking my born-in niece after over five decades of Watchtower indoctrination, and that’s something this site can no longer do. I agree with him, I couldn’t recommend this site to newly awakening dubs, it no longer does what it says on the tin.

• Corney
    Corney

I'm not his fan, but I think Lloyd's faults pale in comparison to those of people like Jason Wynne and Steven Unthank.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    I agree with him, I couldn’t recommend this site to newly awakening dubs, it no longer does what it says on the tin.

While I agree with you there, I can also point out that he often says things that would dissuade many PIMIs. For instance, he often makes fun of the Governing Body and often use language that convey a lack of respect for Christian beliefs, especially the JWs. While I personally find it entertaining, I don't believe he is in a position to criticize others for not being "soft enough" for the newly awakening JWs. Just calling them "dubs" isn't very respectful, is it?

In all fairness, I believe Lloyd and this site are for people that are already awaken, but need an extra push to take further actions in their lives. Some may be PIMO, but I'd assume that most are already POMO. Most people leave for one or two reason in particular. Going on this site and listening to Lloyd then broaden your understanding of how a cult like JWs could manipulate you for so long through disinformation, propaganda and your emotions.

I'd assume that https://www.jwfacts.com/ would be better suited for people who have doubts about their religion but haven't made up their minds yet.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

I've had a few run ins with Cedars and emailed him and had posts on Reddit in similar manner to the older threads Simon posted on page 1..

Being honest it is ad hominem and I now see past the man and look to the actual content of his videos. If I like them I'll watch them and the ones I do not like I skip.

His videos, some of them, are good and get the point out which is far more important than whether I think he is a dick or not.

See the content...ignore the man...avoid the content if the man gets to you so much but most of us don't know him.

Life's too short!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit