Never Allowed to be Myself

by NeverAllowestobeMyself 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Island Man
    Island Man

"So my handle has a typo..."

Is it now? And here I thought it was a creative way of illustrating the point that you're not allowed to be yourself - not even to have your own name the exact way you want it. It's a nice artistic typo, if I may say so.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Oh yes, I feel for you. I think many that were raised as JWs have a problem with emotional honesty and assertiveness, so it's great you realize this and have decided to start being yourself.

Many don't ever stop lying to themselves and others about what they really think, feel, want and don't want etc and will continue to be unhappy as a result. It may not always be prudent to say what you really think out loud, but always be honest with yourself. It's your choice.

All the best with your awakening, the more you wake up to the more you will find.

• Mandrake
    Mandrake
    it's never late to be yourself... time ago, a professor told me; you need to be like the elephant, it has thick skin to resist, superb memory to not forget who hurt, and big tusks to fight back.. you have proven yourself resilient :)
  • crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light

Welcome.

I also fight with beeing myself. So much new. On the other site, who I am? Then go back to the other site and fake to be a beliver.

So I wish you the best. Keep fighting!

• zeb
    zeb

double post.

• zeb
    zeb

Be an individual? wash your mouth out!

Don't you know the wts runs on OSFA! (One Size Fits All) and we will all be pressed into the same mold.

There is no allowance for age. Realize that none of the gb have kids none of the Beth élites have kids while serving there. There is therefore a huge hole in their understanding of life.

Now be yourself take up a creative hobby, mix with those who pursue the same you will find to your amazement how many nice people there are in the world.

• millie210
    millie210

Hi and welcome.

I like your name also!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great post!

Yes, I completely relate!

We simply BECAME what we were SUPPOSED to be, rather than develop into genuine individuals.....learning who we are, what we like and dislike, what interests to pursue, etc etc....

• scary21
    scary21

Welcome, I too was a born in who believed I would die in the big A. I never got baptized so I just tried to have as much fun and live like it was 1999 or should I say 1975 lol......................My life could have been much different.

I must say I was very very lucky (yes I will say the word lucky lucky lucky} that it all turned out good for me because it could have been very very bad ..

Yes, being a born in can be bad for your mental health !

Sherry

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"...my handle has a typo..."

...would also be a clever username.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit