What did being a JW teach you?

by punkofnice 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

How a large Publishing Corporation full of lies and deceptions can influence individuals to by lying and deceptive.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I learned how to do the "pioneer moonwalk" in which you can appear to be walking but really standing in the same place.

Rub a Dub

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Bruce Lee was fond of saying, "All knowledge is self-knowledge." So, what did I learn?

I learned that I was an ignorant, bigoted, misogynistic, religitarded asshole for at least half of my life. Yay me!!! ☺️

DD

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

I learned that...

• people disagreeing with your views are always vicious, lying, destructive and Satanic animals.
    • hearing only one side of a story really is more than enough to get to the bottom of things.
    • thinking leads to death.
    • absolute truth being replaced with different absolute truth does not mean the first truth was actually false. It was 100% perfect, and now it's improved.
    • two people together in a car or house will always have sex within 5 minutes of being together. So don't bring yourself in that situation.

Thinking about this whole mind control shit they pull, and many otherwise intelligent people falling for it....I suddenly start to understand how something like Nazi Germany was possible :-(

If humble and kind people can be made to shun their closest relatives, imagine (or remember) what can happen when an even more evil group is in control.

• The Hermit
    The Hermit

I learned that being a sheep is lame, I wanna be a goat!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Probably I learned basically to have someone else do thinking for me.
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen

In addition to the things mentioned by the other posters as a JW I learned that:

The true God demands that I let my children die rather than allowing a life saving blood transfusion.

If I cave and allow it, God will destroy both the kids AND me.

If you genuinely need help you will not receive it even if you offer to pay.

The WTBTS refused to pay back a relatively small loan to an elderly faithful (to them) widow even though she had donated millions of $$.

My ex was appointed an elder even though at the time he was an adulterer, abused alcohol and illegal drugs, and a criminal. (I didn't find out until 24 years later) The Holy Spirit missed it too.

Pedophiles get promoted as well.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    I learned what its like to feel paranoid.
  • Lost and adrift
    Lost and adrift

Ahh rubadub u cracked me up....the pioneer moonwalk....reminded me of the persistently 'not homes' we used to work constantly to get our time in so we could chat in peace because they were not home ....except one time after about 3 months of standing on this doorstep daily some irate home owner came out ranting at us....he was a shift worker trying to sleep....every day we woke him up lol

And then I read your bio....cried laughing about ur burt problem

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PunkOfNice:

The biggest lesson I ever learned was how valuable my non-Witness family and friends really were. And, I'm so grateful they were there when I decided to exit the JW religion!

There were other lessons learned, of course, as other posters have mentioned. But, this was MY most valuable lesson!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit