How Corrupt Is WT?

by thedepressedsoul 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• careful
    careful

They learn to think that the preservation of the organization is way more important than anything else, things like kindness and full disclosure of information. This thinking allows them to manipulate, coerce, and even directly lie.

Thank you, OTWO.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

OTWO - "They learn to think that the preservation of the organization is way more important than anything else..."

Even though I know that's true, that one's always kinda made me scratch my head.

You'd think that if a person really had full confidence that his religion was "God's exclusive organization on Earth", he wouldn't be the least bit worried about its preservation, right?

Wouldn't the fact that said organization's preservation is such a priority, in fact, suggest that even the most vocal die-hard loyalists are actually, deep down, scared that it isn't?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How Corrupt Is WT?

............Image result for Watchtower logo brown

.........Image result for rotten to the core

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

(I never was a JW).

In my professional life I dealt with corruption in the legal sense.

I know that I keep banging on about this (I don't apologise) but I think the ARC proceedings are the best exemplar of corruption in the WT.

Bad as they were, the JW heirarchy are (AFAIK) largely uneducated and unqualified, including Jackson of the GB.

For me, the 'outstanding' (as in outstandingly bad) performance was from Toole, the branch lawyer. He was a qualified lawyer, admitted to practise in Oz. Therefore, he must have some education and professional qualifications. I don't know the outcome of the ARC's referral of him to the regulatory authorities.

His performance was so shockingly bad that either he was completely inept (hard to accept since he was qualified) or he was completely corrupt in the evidence he gave.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

To believe that you are guardians of God's organization is to take the rails off any kind of introspective or critical thinking. Starting from that premise, there is nothing they can't justify. There is no act that is so repugnant it can't be masked under the scent of "it's what God wants."

I suspect the Governing Body sleeps very well at night arrogantly secure in their belief that they're doing God's work. All their doubts swept under the rug of cognitive dissonance by "we don't always understand God's plan but things will work out in the end."

They wear their lack of education and formal training as a badge of honor. Like Moses, they believe they are chosen because of their hearts. All they care about is that they are sincere in their beliefs and actions. And any consequences of their actions - to them - are almost inconsequential.

Their corruption isn't that they know what they're doing is wrong. Rather, it's the terrifying belief that they can do no wrong.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"...we don't always understand God's plan but things will work out in the end..."

That sentiment started to get really annoying in the years leading up to my fade.

x

These days, however, I'm half-inclined to think that that's what's actually happening. :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit