How Corrupt Is WT?

by thedepressedsoul 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

How corrupt do you think they are? If so, in what ways?

I've been compiling my own list and thoughts. It's not all "paradise" at the top is my thinking.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    How dirty is a pig rolling in the mud.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

While it may not be asked so directly, it is a huge question for discussion here.

We all have thoughts on whether the men in the governing body are victims or victimizers or both.
    My personal thoughts tend toward them adjusting their thinking more in line with the way lawyers sleep at night after getting guilty clients out of prison or the way politicians adjust their thinking toward learning to say almost anything (or nothing) in order to get votes.

They learn to think that the preservation of the organization is way more important than anything else, things like kindness and full disclosure of information. This thinking allows them to manipulate, coerce, and even directly lie.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Eric Hoffer wasn't talking about the WTBTS but what he said in The True Believer points to a high control religion like the Society.

An active mass movement rejects the present and centers it's interest on the future. It is from this attitude that it derives it's strength, for it can proceed recklessly with the present- with the health, wealth and lives of it's followers. But it must act as if it has already read the book of the future to the last word. Its doctrine is proclaimed as a key to that book.

People have lost their health and many their lives because of the prohibitions on various health procedures over course of this religions life time.
    They have been DF if they felt the Society was misinformed about a scripture or policy. Lost their family and friends, been shunned only to see that 'new light' is now in agreement with that DFed person except they will never be given an apology or be welcomed back.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence
    Any organization that can't (or won't) explain where hundreds of millions of dollars go is corrupt.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Since this organization was founded upon lies and deceptions as a religoius publishing house the lies and corruption have continued on since then, much of that involves taking information from somewhere out of context and using it to support previously constructed lies or misinformation, they even use the bible malignantly to support certain doctrines.

The WTS is a publishing house which was created by men as a means of self empowerment toward themselves by utilizing lies and deceptions to build a following and to stimulate the proliferation of the literature it published.

The money cultivation is another matter of observation..

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    An organization that will do or say virtually anything to survive cannot help but be corrupt.
  • JeffT
    JeffT

Legally corrupt or morally corrupt? There's a difference. I think they may be brushing up against the legal line on a lot of things, I don't believe they've crossed it.

Morally, they have a lot to answer for: false prophecy, harboring child molesters, lack of financial transparency for starters.

• atomant
    atomant
    Good question.l guess to best answer this question we need to analyse/ explore the orgs past history.l believe the governing baboons will do whatever is necessary to keep the lie alive (self preservation)lf they have to lie they will try and justify the lie to themselves.So l guess in a nut shell they do whatever it takes to survive and if it involves corruption so be it.Endemic corruption is alive and well right throughout the world and the org is no different.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Corruption results from a structure that can be manipulated, and those poor souls

are manipulated BIG time. The GB got all the power so what's left, money.

Complete power over millions of people can be very addictive and dangerous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit