The perfect answer if you get asked to go to the memorial

by pepperheart 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

I will go next year :-)

• Chook
    Chook

Ask can you open in prayer, You are only going if you can publicly pray on Congs behalf.prob solved

• baker
    baker

Tell them you feel anointed and have been looking forward to partaking.

• schnell
  • redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

@ Schnell

LOL

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

JW: Would you like to celebrate the Lord's evening meal with us at the kingdom hall?

ME: Will cheeses be there?

JW: (confused) What?

ME: Well if I'm going to church to drink wine and eat crackers by god there better be cheeses present.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I usually say : Thank you for the invitation. I'll see what I can do.

They usually never push further.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I want to reject Jesus openly and fully, not in half measures. That means not pretending to accept that thing and doing a lousy job in accepting it. It also means pulling out my Ouija board while some Led Zeppelin music is going on my computer, and telling them that I prefer to OPENLY reject Jesus (and joke-hova, to boot).

• justmom
    justmom

Well.....for me I never get an invite to my old hall. They don't want me anywhere around. But I go, and I partake. Can hear a pin drop, but ooh well!

If I claim to belong to Christ, and understand that he says, " Keep DOING THIS (not observing) in remembrance of him, why wouldn't I? Now, I don't neeeeed to do it in a kingdom hall. I don't worship with them as an XJW. But I go because of love for Christ therefore love for them, and demonstrate that he said, " ANYONE " can eat his flesh and drink his blood represented by the bread and wine. That he gave his life on behalf of ALL mankind not just the 144.000.

They are prolly one of the ONLY religions that claim to be "Christians" and yet deny Christ in this way.

Peace to you all!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

If some witness asks "will you be at the memorial?", simply reply

"Have I ever missed one?" then change the subject.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit