Bill Nye vs Ken Ham debate

by Whynot 18 Replies latest social entertainment

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Bill Nye has a stellar reputation of accurately representing the truth and honesty. When Ken Ham was asked what would change his mind he said "nothing". When Bill Nye was asked he said, "Evidence".

This is all the difference in the world. And this the kind of intellectual honest and rigor we need right now. Not more fundamentalist Christian asshattery.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I love Bill Nye. I always have. But I felt like he sold out when he agreed to do that debate. It felt like it was just a publicity stunt to promote Ham's new "museum".

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

You think Bill Nye was in league with Ken Ham to promote the creationist museum???

You can't be serrious

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    You think Bill Nye was in league with Ken Ham to promote the creationist museum???

No, not all. I think Ham used Bill Nye to promote his creationist museum. And I think Bill Nye agreed to it for his own monetary gains.

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

Coded logic - I would agree with evidence based intellectual honesty and rigor being something we need but I've seen Bill Nye do otherwise and be intellectually dishonest while at the same time telling a blatant science lie. As I said, I'm not referring to fundamentalist religious ideology.

I would say that Nye would on the surface appear to be more intellectually honest than Ham, but that really is a meaningless distinction when:

1. You are comparing against someone like Ham

2. 'Science' has become your religion

3. You are willing to lie to promote your religion

Aside from that I'm a bit surprised that Nye took on Ham in public but then again you really have to have an inflated ego to do those things, on both sides.

Ham's ark is a joke, too bad a representative of science, if you can call Nye that after his other nonsense, was sucked unto that world and inadvertently helping raise tons of support and money for it.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Bill Nye is an incredibly honest and open individual. Instead of having a religion where claims are made without evidence - he instead pursues an evidence based belief system. He has no dogma. He doesn't prop anyone up as being infallible. And he holds no beliefs that are beyond question.

If more people were like Bill Nye the world would be a much better place.

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto
    Bill Nye is an incredibly honest and open individual. Instead of having a religion where claims are made without evidence...

Are you some sort of Bill Nye support bot or what? Maybe you didn't see my points 1-3 above? Would you like video evidence? If I have the time I will post a link to a fan-boi busting video.

His religion is called scientism and in scientism all beliefs are beyond question until officially revised. Where have we heard of this type of belief system before? You are free to prentice whatever religion you want but be honest and call it what it is.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Are you some sort of Bill Nye hater bot or what?

Bill Nye has no religion. He has no dogma. He doesn't prop anyone up as being infallible. And he holds no beliefs that are beyond question.

That's the complete opposite of religion.

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

for those who missed it:

His religion is called scientism and in scientism all beliefs are beyond question until officially revised. Where have we heard of this type of belief system before? You are free to practice whatever religion you want but be honest and call it what it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit