Nice weather this weekend. Made me think.....

by punkofnice 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

There was a time when as a family, we'd host a BBQ in our large back garden. We'd have a small gazebo, tables and chairs. The reggae music would be pumping out but not too loud. There would be chatter and drinks. All in all a really good day.

One day I discovered that the watchtower corporation was a scam and a lie.

I announced that I could no longer attend meetings as they were anything but Christian.

It didn't take long and everything spiralled out of control. The family broke up and went through the most excruciating hell I ever suffered.

Saturday, I looked alone, out of the window of my small, privately rented crap hole and remembered. Once....it seems so long ago. I thought I had good friends. I thought I had a stable life. I thought the watchtower corporation was god's own mouthpiece.

Watchtower, you have made an enemy out of me.

Sorry, rant over. I needed to vent that.

• elbib
    elbib
    I too went through similar moments--then I heard a whispering: This is how life moves.
  • KateWild
    KateWild

I remember the social events too Punky. I had lots of JWs round for parties and went to a few too.

It was all fake and to get that again is a pipe dream. We were all connected by rigid beliefs and rigid structure. That's what made us freinds.

I totally understand how you feel.

Kate xx

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Punk you do not live in a " small rented crap hole" you live in your heart, and mind, neither of which are camaflarged by living in a false " Spiritual Paradise" with golden bars.

Ok you grumble a lot, but at least you are respected by many " here" and other places for who YOU are. So my guess is you do have good friends, and not many people can write books.( myself included)

Anyway we are both ex- witnesses but don't give the bastards the power to say the " sun don't shine. Our sun should shine in places where the watchtower can be placed and the sun really doesn't shine:-)

The Rebel

• KateWild
    KateWild

Rebel, being divorced and df'd.....is the most isolating way to leave WT. Not many can understand how it feels.

I understand where Punky is coming from and feel for him.

Your positivity is great. But sometimes we have bad days.

Kate xx

• Zoos
    Zoos

So what are you going to do now?

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Kate trust me I have my " bad" days, and I fully realize the loss of family and friends. However take my life as an example, I WONT LET THE BASTARDS win..And on my good days I see the BASTARDS have already lost.  And  I see that because  I see a man like " Punk" who has achieved so much in destroying the " Bastards" be it with books or posts that I believe reach a target audience I am incapable of.

Smile Punk & Kate, you both helped bring the " Bastards" down in a way I only wish I was capable of. My next confession is I fancy a kebab, and I fancy eating it in my garden, that's my revenge to the watchtower, eating my kebab in my garden, rather than door knocking. I will enjoy my Kebab let them enjoy door knocking.

The Rebel.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Fair point Rebel. Being sad is letting them win. We can't have that xx

Kate xx

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Mrs Phizzy, (and me to a lesser degree) feels keenly the loss of our social life amongst the JW's . Our Congregation was known for its active social life, and many young couples moved in over the years to be part of it.

To lose all those people as "friends" is hard.

But the price paid for that social life was very, very high. I won't list the problems of being a JW, you all know them too well.

We have a pretty good social life now with non JW's , but spontaneous barbies etc are not part of it, and our circle of friends is much smaller, but they are all genuine friends. The only one who was not genuine,and was quite "toxic" we have dropped. She was an ex JW.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

thanks for the kind comments folks.

Zoos
    So what are you going to do now?

That's the problem. I don't know. I'm a bit stuck...cramped by financial problems as a result of the WBT$ oblitterating the family.

I know the elders had a hand in the break up. Lies were told. Not that I can prove this for defamation of character reasons....not that I could afford a solicitor. Because of me being DA'd I had no defence or voice.Word on the street was that I had broken the family up....all I did was say I didn't want to return to the kingdom hall ever again. I heard whispers that JWs were told by elders that it was 'terrible wht Paul did to his wife..' I did nothing to her. The elders interfered.

Yes, I grumble but I have reason to I believe. Whatever I do seems so useless.

I once believed in god....now I know there isn't one and I'll die and that's it! I've wasted the best years of my life putting my life on hold for armageddon(tm).

Being alone after being part of a family from when I was born........from being part of a social circle (JWs), since I was born....then some company men deciding to remove that from me because I don't want to push evil propaganda anymore......well...........words can't describe.

I am trying to recover but it's really hard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit