Letter from Mother: "...go right ahead on death's road and take your kids with you."

by silentbuddha 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I am sorry for your bad experience, it must be very hurtful. I cannot fathom the mind of a person who would write this. The paradox is that no doubt she can be kind and loving toward those within her faith .

I do not think that all JWs would do this. I have known some who still managed to do little kindnesses to their d/f ones.

Oh well,if that is how it is then so be it. You are right to keep your daughter away from that sort of attitude.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Silentbuddha...your mother sounds like a WT bred woman/grandma scorned! The best of luck in dealing with her! I also get the impression that you're a hell of a good & caring father...keep up the good work...God bless you!👍

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

My mother has been badgering me for months to speak to my daughter who is now about to turn 17. She hasn't spoken to her in 10 years since we left.

I told her she could call her but only discuss normal things NO JW STUFF. Do what did she do? Sends her a letter about going to the Kingdom Hall and 4 text messages doing the same. I told her to stop doing this 3 times. Yesterday I kindly asked her again to stop doing this and she erupted like this because she was caught.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Momma left the station on the Crazy Train: Choo-Choooo!!!!!!!

Momma wants to talk about her failing health, attempting to guilt you and get the pity party going?

Kindly respond back that she should seek help from her "Spiritual Family", ya know.....the fine Shepherds, the Elduhzzzzz.......let them spoon feed her and change her adult diapers, because after, "Jehovah provides!"

"Go forth, be warm, and well fed.............."

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    I'm thankful to Jehovah for the children & grandchildren that Jehovah has given me as He promised. They soothe my heart for the ones I've lost.

I have some bad news. They will leave her, too. When a relationship is conditional there is no love.

Most the children of the people I grew up with in my home congregation have all left the Witnesses.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

silentbuddha, I am sorry that your mother is trying to get your daughter to go to the Kingdom Hall, despite you telling her not to do. I am sympathetic of your situation.

• Etude
    Etude

It may seem a bit lame. But, I would write a letter to her with the simple words: "Thank You!" and sign it. It may leave her wondering. It seems that in her letter, she was lashing back at you. She may feel differently later on, or at least not as hard-assed. Consider that she may have had coaxing or guidance from someone else. Think that after months or years of not seeing you or the grandchildren, she may still have some love in her. The "Thank You" would be a recognition that has agreed to stop influencing your children. It may also convey sarcasm for the cruel things she said and for her finality on the subject. Let her wonder.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

There’s a huge difference between telling a fundamentalist parent to refrain from luring a grandchild into her religion, and an institutionally mandated all-encompassing shunning fueled by religious hatred.

It’s dishonest to conflate both situations as if they’re even comparable. They aren't two sides of a coin flip. There’s no ethical dilemma here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit