$25,000 for one-day assembly in our area

by Bonnie_Clyde 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

They started out with a $3,500 carry-over but by the end of the day they were short $25,000. The speaker eloquently beseeched the audience to go the ATM machines and give their generous contribution or at least their widow's mite. After the sessions were over, our friend who attended walked from one end of the assembly hall and then to the other end and noticed long lines up to both machines with people who couldn't wait to run up their credit cards. Later in the car, even his hard-core JW wife mentioned that she wondered how it cost that much for a one-day assembly in a building that was fully paid for.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Like all rich bastards, the GB stay rich by not spending their money. Sure, they have the $25,000, but it's "dedicated" to something else. When they say, "We don't have the money for ......", they mean they aren't going to spend their money.

DD

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Do you know what was the attendance? This would give you some idea of what the 'head tax' was.

It would be interesting if a large proportion of attendees could be persuaded to refuse to give anything. The circuit fund would most likely be emptied and there would still be a deficit. I wonder how the WT would respond to that?

In our neck of the woods, the local circuit has their CA at a middle school auditorium. A nice, well kept place that seats about 850-900. The cost to the circuit is a little under $2000. That's 'Satan's system' trying to rip God's people off I suppose.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

noticed long lines up to both machines with people who couldn't wait to run up their credit cards.

This is an opportunity to feel extra virtuous by being seen standing in a long line to make a contribution at the ATM.

I'm curious if they announced at the end of the assembly if they had received the $25k they were looking for.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

People are so stupid!!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

This is an opportunity to feel extra virtuous by being seen standing in a long line to make a contribution at the ATM.

I'm curious if they announced at the end of the assembly if they had received the $25k they were looking for.....Pete Zahut

WatchTower can count on Gullible JW`s, for as much cash as they want..

WATCHTOWER ATM..

Image result for gullibility test

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray

Maybe a paedophile lawsuit happened during the interval.

• Incognito
    Incognito

Sounds as though the actual cost claimed was more than $28,500, assuming some money had been donated that day prior to the announcement.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

This is like a piramid fund. Jackpot!

G.

• pontoon
    pontoon

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ The assemblies and conventions are the BIG MONEY MAKERS for the corporation. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit