Kingdom songs

by Jrjw 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

Anyone got any ideas on how to get kingdom melodies out of my head. Keep finding myself singing them without realising and it's getting annoying lol. Hopefully they'll disappear with time

• days of future passed
  • Half banana
    Half banana

From house to house..........

Rubbish tunes, although not all of them, especially those stolen from classical composers.

As a practical suggestion Jrjw, instead of witness music why not replace them with stonking melodies such as Bach's; Auf wachet or Sleepers awake in English. If you google it you can compare different performances, orchestral, organ, piano and choral and there you are you have a beautiful new earworm to replace the awful old one.

Try Dvorak's; Song to the moon, from Rusalka and give it the same treatment with different singers.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

I like to whistle them as i walk past the carts! Messes with their heads 🤪

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Yep, it's all about time. You're just newly out. They will fade. It all fades, but I don't think it will ever fully go away.

• Moster
    Moster

All but one song has faded for me, and its been 40 years. And now that I am thinking about it - it is going through my brain!!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Do you find them disturbing because of the memories associated with them, or is it an objection to the content? Why stress? The best advice is to overwrite them with new music that formerly you would be damned to death at Armageddon for liking. If its the melody you like then you are forgiven, go in peace. Make up new words as it runs through your head if need be.

Oddly I can't think of any words to those old songs at this time. I used to be a fervent singer too. Absolutely no shame.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Like bees that were molested...

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

I had a Protestant background Prior to becoming a JW and those churches have live choir with fantastic tunes.

When I was new to the JW cult , I was really wondering if the songs sung in the KH were really songs. So boring, no live band - without any life or spirit . The background recorded music was so weird to me. And most of the dubs didn't catch up with that tune. Was funny many times.

Had never been impressed with any JW songs except one or two.

Time will make you forget those boring , depressing tunes.

• oppostate
    oppostate

That happens to me all the time! Wish I knew what the answer was!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit