super heros

by Gratefullyunstuck 24 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

And just like fashion, 'what's old is new again'.

In the 60s/70s comic books were forbidden, except for Archie. That's why I never had any of the Batman (who, by the way, has no 'super powers').

Wonder Woman would be, I suppose, like 'nephilim', considering she is Amazon/Goddess. ; )

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh this is great...

The more this kind of stupidity is promoted, the more will wake up to the high controlling, cult like nature of the society....

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I remember back in the '80s, the corporation was critical of superhero comics, there was even a picture of Wolverine in the article.

It's simple. If you go to the cinema, you might be spending money that you could be putting into the contribution box. Worse still....you might buy an ice cream. We all know the watchtower steals ice cream money from children.

The Governing body have set themselves up to be worshipped as the only superheroes you need.

• Simon
    Simon

If they force people to chose between them and something wildly popular, like Marvel superhero movies then they will force people out.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

WT are known for rejecting superheroes.

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

Talesin, Wonder Woman (in the early days) was a Bondage Fetish/Dominatrix wish fulfillment created by a Dr. with some pretty amazing ideas about "strong women".

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

It's just according to what the majority thinks is indispensable, whether it's fantasy characters or sports or whatever else their addiction is.

I remember some rumbling started up about how football was violent and Jovie hates violence so maybe it wasn't spiritual to watch football, cheer for it, talk about the teams and the games and rush home from the meeting in an obvious panic to get in front of the tv in time for the beginning.

Well that line of logic was squashed and kicked to death real fast, and the fools who had heard the CO spout such rubbish and dared to repeat it, were ridiculed to silence! You better believe it.

Faithful j-dubs who happen to love football will never allow God to get in the way of their enjoyment of THAT. Protecting kids from being abused sexually by Brother Pedo, now that's something that we have to wait on Jehovah to correct! Oh yeah.

Marina

• Lieu
    Lieu

Superheroes and Aliens are bad????

You mean like Christ and Angels? Mankind's savior/ hero and his extra terrestrial family. Yeah, ok.

If it ain't a Biblical NT restriction then use your own discretion about what to like. If you need someone else to tell you what to think about every little thing; you're just too stupid to possess free will or a reasoning mind.

Weird how they claim "Bible trained" minds yet are afraid to let those trained minds think for themselves. It's an admission that their Bible training is sorely insufficient. 

A "Bible trained" JW is like a 50 yr old man still living in his parents basement.

• talesin
    talesin

CaptainSchmideo - I did not know that, very cool. *cracks whip* : D

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    punk: You got a picture of that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit