Prayer for every day

by May1981 17 Replies latest social relationships

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

As long as you pray to my Goddess Freyja. Otherwise don't waste your time!

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

Nothing fails like prayer. Its a waste of time. If god exist which I don't believe there is one, and he will only do good if enough people pray for it, then he is a total douche nozzle.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

prayer : Here I go again !

The devout elderly Jew who is praying at the wailing wall for the most of his eighty years of life and asked by a religious journalist what he prays for and what is his response .

Jew : I pray every day for peace among all peoples and nations to live in harmony with each other ,including Jews and Arabs.

Journalist : And how do you think that`s going .

Jew : Well sometimes i think i`m just talking to a brick wall .

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

I pray that god can make a rock so heavy that he can't pick it up.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi May,

Welcome to the forum!

Yes, lets pray especially for those who are trapped in cults like Jehovah's Witnesses.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

RB

https://youtu.be/V268Qk6-xsw

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Can someone explain to me what good praying does in practical, real life terms?

Did a prayer ever heal an amputee that you actually saw with your own eyes and not read in a book?

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

If God's goal is to transform the believer to the likeness of his son, then the point of prayer may be to transform our character, not to do miracles per se. It's doing a miracle in us.

I broke my hand recently and in that brokenness, I was able to connect with a lot of people and offer comfort as I had been comforted. God could have fixed my hand instantly, but because I had to endure it, he used it for my good and the benefit of a lot of people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit