Demon stories

by HiddenPimo 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

So as a child I was scared to death of the demons. In fact you may remember the WT and Awake loved to put stories of these attacks in the articles. As a youth I loved to read books. I would read all the encyclopedias (Binary Wikipedia) and I would read the bound volumes as well. So these stories would give me terrible nightmares and then there were the stories that would be told by older ones at gatherings that would have me so scared and crying as a child. My parents even said my Grandparents in Indiana had demon problems (grandad was not a JW and collected lots of civil war stuff) this was said to bring the demons. I left a JEAN jacket up there one summer and mom told me that it would have to stay up there to keep the demons from getting to me back in South Carolina. Needless to say it was fucking traumatic as a preteen to think these powerful spirit creatures are going to get me.

Now I doubt the reality of any of it and view it as a bunch of attempts to control. So tell me, if you feel it is all bullshit or do they exist? If they do exist than god exists and if they don’t then neither does god. To me, evil spirits helped me wake up as they are such a big part of the Bible and if they are a lie than so is everything else...

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Demonic spirit guides are real. They are running the Watchtower.

Catch me at

https://youtu.be/04KuO18XGcw

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

We can't possibly know the unknown, but I don't see any reason to lose sleep over that kind of stuff. I once heard an elder say that demons hate light. He was speaking in literal terms, not about "new light" or something. Anyway, he was giving his advice on what to do when being harassed by demons. "Turn on a light" was his strategy, along with prayer of course. So I guess he was saying that powerful, supernatural spirit creatures are afraid of light bulbs. Yes you read that correctly. Just "turn on a light" and those mighty, immaterial beings, with far superior knowledge of the universe and all its mysteries, seemingly unbound by the laws of space and time itself, will flee from you because Walmart had a sale on 100 watt Sylvania CFLs. And J-Dubs say they aren't superstitious.

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

I want to clarify that I find it sad that Parents everywhere, mine included gave us kids PTSD over the 'boogie man'

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Just want to say that when I was a kid my mother used to tell me of a few incidents where a few brothers thought they had demons in their house and were convinced that it was because of something that given to them as a gift, so they went around their house taking everything that was given to them and throwing it out until they were convinced they had gotten rid of everything. Of course they swore that the demons were gone after that.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

It has been said that there is The Known, The Known Unknown, and The Unknown Unknown.

There is also The Imaginary, which, in fairness, I guess could be part of The Unknown Unknown, except that there is not a single shred of objective evidence that demons exist. We have the testimony of the insane and people who can't seem to understand that they may not be objectice when they "figure out" what happened to them.

I don't think Hollywood is doing anyone a service by encouraging beliefs in a spiritual realm, but humans have always enjoyed the adrenaline jolt of "safe fear."

• blondie
    blondie

I did not spirit demons stories to scare me; I lived with a flesh and blood demon.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

There was an Awake article in the early 80s detailing a woman's supposed lifelong struggle with demons. I remember it vividly because I was a young child at the time. It spoke of the demon attacking her at night and inflating her stomach to the point where she appeared to be pregnant. The demons supposedly killed several members of her family. The attacks supposedly stopped once she became a Witness and learned to use Jehovah's name.

I've lost access to WT publications, so I haven't been able to locate it again. It was the stuff of nightmares.

• blondie
    blondie

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1987642?q=demon+attacks&p=sen

One day I heard the foreboding voice of the demon say, “I will make your belly swell like a ball.” Some time later, there was a hard lump in my belly that grew bigger until I looked pregnant. Really frightened, I wondered: ‘Can God, the Creator, help me to get rid of the koenoe? Can He send a good and stronger spirit to chase him away?’ To find out, I went to a bonoeman, a witch doctor.

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

Blondie, you are the best!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit