Chitty

by StopTheTears 20 Replies latest jw friends

• StopTheTears
    StopTheTears

I've learned that many years ago, there was a man named Brother Chitty of some prominence in the Jehovah's Witnesses organization. It fact, Chitty was a member of the Governing Body. Chitty was asked to resign his position after serving for many years and nothing much was ever said about it to Jehovahs Witnesses. Perhaps they assumed Chitty had stepped down due to advanced age, being no longer physically able to perform his duties. But that wasn't actually the reason.

It's being said now that the reason was this: Brother Chitty of the Governing Body was a secret homosexual. This is considered a sin by Jehovahs Witnesses and can even result in being disfellowshipped. Apparently Chitty was NOT disfellowshipped.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If he was just asked to be removed as a GB member without disfellowshipping that was most likely done to not fracture the image of the GB membership itself.

We all know how much Jah's pretentious image means to the WTS/JWS

• stephanie61092
    stephanie61092
    I don't know the circumstances. However, you can't be DFed for being a "secret" homosexual. You can only be DFed if you openly admit you're gay and/or practice homosexuality (even if only kissing someone of the same gender). Otherwise, "gay tendencies or inclinations" are simply viewed as "thorns of the flesh."
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There is much information about Chitty and Greenless on this thread .....

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5466/greenlees-chitty-some-sources

• cantleave
    cantleave

Edwin Chitty and Leo Greenlees were both members of the GB, both were removed from some kind of sexual impropriety - Greenlees allegedly molested a 10 year old boy..

http://www.randallwatters.org/Bethel/markpalo.htm

Holy Spirit sure seems to be a crappy judge of character.

• StopTheTears
    StopTheTears

I wonder if Chitty got a payout or some secret agreement? Resign quietly and dont cause a fuss? Chitty could have possibly sued if he felt he was being dismissed because of appearances. The GB must have had some sort of Smoking gun on Chitty and then Chitty said well you have that but i'll write a book or something about the things I know. Then they agreed that Chitty would get a pension or something.

It means that they (the GB members) know they are not actually selected by the holy spirit. Their entire life is a fraud and they know it.

Chitty could have been gaying it up at Studio 54 in the 70's but instead he had to go out in service the next day. So sad.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    History tends to be forgotten. Thank you for helping us not to forget.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow, so TWO members of the GB were removed? Add to that Ray Franz who left disheartened at the hypocrisy...

Yep, wonder how the Holy Spirit missed that one!

And wonder how witnesses know NOTHING about that!

• sir82
    sir82

However, you can't be DFed for being a "secret" homosexual. You can only be DFed if you openly admit you're gay and/or practice homosexuality

Correction: Anyone can be disfellowshipped at any any time for anything that 3 elders agree on.

People have been disfellowshipped for far less than "being a secret homosexual".

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    The men that you are referring to were good men, they served the best they could. Whatever failings they had does not cheapen any of the good they did or tried to do. Also, It is unfair to defame a man from accusations without first listening to his defense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit