Pope meets victims of child sexual abuse in Chile and cries with them. WHAT ABOUT THE GB, WHEN WILL THEY FOLLOW RCC???

by redpilltwice 40 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

The title speaks for itself. Lots of coverage of the pope's personal (!) attention.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pope-meets-victims-child-sexual-abuse-chile-cries-002620229.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsmGKkFMZQo

About a month ago we all could read jochie's post regarding investigation of sexual abuse among JW's in The Netherlands. This is the link:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6719389429661696/netherlands-minister-legal-protection-wants-jehovahs-witnesses-conduct-independent-investigation-sexual-abuse

In the article, the official response from Michel van Hilten, Dutch spokesperson for the Jehovah's Witnesses, was:

"We are going to study the measures of the Catholic Church," ...the board, based in Emmen, has already taken 'a great deal' of measures 'in line with what other organizations do'. When asked what that means in practice, he says: "You can think of things like monitoring and following perpetrators of child abuse."

Well, the RCC have already made several apologies, right? So...isn't it remarkable that the JW organisation is talking about monitoring and following pepetrators (which is a good thing IF applied) but after all the scandals in USA, Canada, England, Australia and now The Netherlands they still can't seem to find the guts to make official apologies FIRST???

This well-known cartoon immediately came to my mind...how sad that it isn't even satire but the bitter reality.

A good anti-witnessing subject if you ask me...especially given the fact that the WT has always pointed their finger to other churches, especially RCC.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

WHAT ABOUT THE GB, WHEN WILL THEY FOLLOW RCC???

Easy answer: No.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

I know you are right DOC, but the more they refuse to show their human side the more their hypocrisy and lack of morality become clear.

Can't believe they keep on playing this game. It would be great to see a new R. Franz rise, someone who can no longer bare this sham.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    WHAT ABOUT THE GB, WHEN WILL THEY FOLLOW RCC???

Hmmm. Let's think. The Governing body of Jehovah's witnesses protect paedophiles. They beg for money to fight lawsuits because they hate the victim and love their fellow like minded abusers.

I think DOC might be onto something.

In short: No. They love paedophiles too much.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

They'll probably dig in their heels even further now that the RCC is doing it.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

The GB consoling the victims and apologizing would mean that they'd done something wrong or failed in some way. And of course we all know that the GB have done nothing wrong and any mistakes are merely "human imperfections".

[Yes, I'm being sarcastic]

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice
    This well-known cartoon immediately came to my mind...how sad that it isn't even satire but the bitter reality.

Darn, the cartoon didn't make it to the OP, but here it is.

I'd like to add that it is ridiculous that the WT is claiming to study the measures of the Catholic Church but that a simple "sorry, we apologise to all the abuse victims" is a bridge too far.

Remember how during the ARC Geoffrey Jackson lied about "apologies" that in fact have never been made?

How can JW's tell others not to lie and to have the highest moral (biblical) standards?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qii5UvFRiA

• Hanged Man
    Hanged Man

Fuck the RC church and their damage limitation.....now the dam has burst.....boo hoo!

They are no better than the watchtower.....they are all a bunch of charlatans.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Hanged man I'm sorry but I disagree. The pope himself has the humility to publicly apologize to the victims, but the GB are too arrogant and " New money" to do that. I know apologies don't make it right but it at least shows humanity.

This is what happens when the uneducated suddenly get absolute power. Makes me ashamed to be human.

• Hanged Man
    Hanged Man

I don't care if you disagree Dio.....it is what it is.......

"oops!.......sorry for all the kids molested (sob sob)....please still follow us....and give us your time and money....promise we won't hide it again" (crosses fingers behind back)

The lot of them are corrupt to the core....fuck em.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit