Nearly complete JW literature collection for sale

by jukief 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jukief
    jukief

As many of you know, Alan Feuerbacher spent 40 years researching Watchtower. During that time, he bought every item of Watchtower literature he could find. His collection is so big that it’s impossible for me to try to catalog it, although I might be able to get some volunteers to help me with that. He had every book, booklet, tract, etc. He spent a large amount of money and time collecting these items. I’m posting this in case someone might be seriously interested in acquiring such a collection. My plan is to pull out the most valuable items and sell them individually; I don’t know what I’ll do with the rest. But the thought occurred to me that someone might be interested in the entire collection—or large parts of it. I’m not able to ship any of this; I’m selling our house soon and can’t possibly deal with that. But if anyone is seriously interested and wants to come to Colorado to see the collection, I’m happy to open my home to them. We would have to negotiate the price, and you would have to box it up and transport it.

If you’re seriously interested, PM me and I’ll give you my contact information.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I hope someone does purchase it. Having a physical copy of any book is of great importance. There is a lot of retroactive continuity changes being made in book. This is especially so with Watchtower publications.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Tony Morris wants to buy it, and burn it. Lol. Sounds like a great collection!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I dont know, but have you thought about offering it to some religious historians ? Some organization that is interested in documenting early American religious institutions about how they formed and evolved over the years ?

Like i said I dont know ,but it might be an avenue you could research ,you never know.

Good luck

• vienne
    vienne

I agree with smiddy. If his surviving relatives are desperate for money, list items individually on ebay. If you decide to donate it to an individual historian or to an institution, PM me and I'll give you a list.

• Biahi
    Biahi

If you have the 1969 Awake bound volume, I will buy that, and pay shipping costs. (Of course)

• Pierre1977
    Pierre1977

Before selling this collection, Alan could see what items our community is missing as PDFs and scan the relevant publications. I found the following publications which are missing:

1890: New Testament, by Joseph B. Rotherham, second edition
    1902: Holman Linear Parallel Edition (with Berean Bible study helps)
    1907: Watch Tower Bible (King James Version with Berean Helps) (Bible Students Edition, Berean Bible)
    1908: Watch Tower Bible (Berean Bible) (new edition)
    1926: The Emphatic Diaglott (Originally 1902, 1926 printing)
    1944: American Standard Version (Originally 1901, 1944 printing)
    1950: New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures (original) (avoidjw has only the 1951 edition)
    1961: New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (avoidjw has only the 1970 edition)
    1963: New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (revised)
    1971: New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures English (1971 revision)

1995: Family Care and Medical Management for Jehovah’s Witnesses

1882: Outlines of Sermons

1907: Instructor’s Guide and Berean Index

1908: The Wonderful Story of God’s Love

1909: Berean Questions on Tabernacle Shadows of the Better Sacrifices

1909: Studies in the Scriptures (six booklets bound with cover like Studies in the Scriptures series)

1910: Berean Studies (Questions) on The At-one-ment Between God and Man

1911: Berean Studies (Questions) on The Divine Plan of The Ages

1912: Berean Studies (Questions) on The Day of Vengeance (The Battle of Armageddon)

1912: Berean Studies (Questions) on The Time Is at Hand

1912: Berean Studies (Questions) on Thy Kingdom Come

1914: Berean Studies on The New Creation

1914: Suggestive Hints to New Colporteurs (avoidjw has only the 1912 edition)

1918: Berean Studies (Questions) on The Finished Mystery (© 1917)

1920: Tabernacle Shadows of the Better Sacrifices (with appendix and study questions)

1920: Can the Living Talk With the Dead? (avoidjw has only Talking with the Dead)

1927: Questions on Deliverance

1931: A Testimony (avoidjw has only the 1932/33 edition)

1934: Information by the Peoples Pulpit Association, To the Honorable Federal Communications Commission, Broadcasting Division

1934: In Rebuttal—To the Honorable Federal Communications Commission, Broadcast Division

1936: Christianity Is Not Free in the United States of America

1937: Christianity Is Not Free in Lagrange, Georgia

1942: “The New World” Study Questions

1943: “The Truth Shall Make You Free” Study Questions

1944: “The Kingdom Is at Hand” Study Questions

1966: Kingdom Ministry School Course—Outline of Program and Notes

1970: “Look! I Am Making All Things New” (revised)

1974: Dwelling Together in Unity (revised)

1982: Dwelling Together in Unity (revised)

1986: Victory Over Death—Is It Possible for You? (for Hindus)

1989: Dwelling Together in Unity (revised)

1993: The Government That Will Bring Paradise (revised)

1994: Planned Giving to Benefit Kingdom Service Worldwide

1996: Dwelling Together in Unity (revised)

2004: Dwelling Together in Unity (revised)

2013: Jehovah’s Witnesses and Disaster Relief

1930-today: every Watchtower Publications Index (1930-1960, 1961-1965, 1966-1970, 1971-1975, 1976-1980, 1930-1985, 1986-1990, 1986-1995, 1986-2000, 2001-2005, 2001-2010)

• jukief
    jukief

Pierre1977, there’s no way I can scan these documents (if he has them, and I haven’t gone through the collection, so I don’t know). I’m getting ready to sell the house and have to get rid of a whole basement of not just JW literature, but books of all kinds, tools, electronics, and everything else you can think of that Alan acquired over 40 years. I wish I could help, but I just don’t have the time.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Be careful whom you sell them to, whatever you do. How about Watchtower History. I'll let them know. Would you be willing to sell me a few individual books please? I'm really really desperate to get hold of the 1947 Awake that declared excommunication as unscriptural, Nov '67 Watchtower magazine, The 1927 Creation Book, October 1966 Awake Magazine.

Do you have any of these? I will leave them in my will to a suitable safe organization or uni that studies cults.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

For me at least, I think there is a personal benefit in keeping some WT literature. Primarily that is because such literature shows how in major ways the WT greatly influenced (starting in my very early childhood) my thinking and manipulated me to accept WT religious doctrines, and to reject evolution and atheism, and to thus become baptized as a JW while still a teenager. It also shows how the WT manipulated me to remain an active JW for about twenty years after my baptism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit