Ideas to discreetly identify the awoken among us

by Truthexplorer 31 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

While at one of the assemblies, follow him/her into the bathroom and see, after washing their hands, if they use more than one paper towel to dry their hands.

Rub a Dub

• Stealth
    Stealth

You can't really trust anyone in a cult.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Sniff the air as entering the KH.

"Smells cultish"

This method is becoming very popular, do try it.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Another one I thought of is to invite a few maybe's out for a game of pool. When asked what drink you want. You ask for a specific drink. You could jokingly say ' Scotch on the rocks...shaken not stirred :-).

On the one hand you are being comical, on the other hand you are giving the message you are awake!?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Maybe this is an advantage that gay JWs have, We know how to ID each other. You know, the "gaydar" thing. We know who's in, who's out, and who's doing the in and out.

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

"Then go to your JC because an elder read this here who is not out."

Then report that elder for being on an "apostate" site in the first place!

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

One of my family members is COMPLETELY awake. He knows, and sees that its all complete and utter BS.

He even has a very close friend in another congregation 20 minute away, who is an ELDER, and is COMPLETELY awake.

They meet once a week for breakfast, and or other outings, and discuss the current nonsense that is being pushed. His elder friend even gives him "dirt" on what craziness is going down in his congregation. Believe you me, some of it is indeed CRAZY, too.

My point is, that these are 2 men, one of them even being an Elder, that are in 2 different congregations, that a COMPLETELY awake. They are not kinda on the fence, or half and half, they KNOW whats up. That being said, from outside "perspectives" they are both "IN". so you never know who may be, or not be "awake".

I don't remember the details of how they both realized each other was "awake". I should find out, and post it here. Maybe it will be an example of a good way to find out if someone else is awake.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

A 'fleshly' sister of a brother (close friend of mine) a number of years back requested me as a friend on FB. Can't remember the exact details, but I remember discreetly joking about 1914. She then opened up that she thought it was all baloney and had stopped attending some time ago and would never return. We talked about various things that were wrong etc. I think she was aware through her brother that I had faded at that time and was fishing.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Just a little idea for the sisters, perhaps they could wear a distinct perfume like 'samsara' at gatherings which is not as popular today. That would be a discreet way of saying they are awake :-)

• jw07
    jw07

Spray cologne / perfume in the hand you use to shake with. Scented hand after a shake may tell you that someone is awake...or probably they just had a little accident whilst getting ready.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit