More Shootings ... 3 Louisiana Police Killed ... 3 More Injured

by RubaDub 15 Replies latest social current

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Extremely sad as the news is coming out. 6 Police shot in Louisiana and 3 dead so far.

I'm waiting for a response from the NRA stating that we are safer when we are all armed. The police had guns and the shooter(s) had guns so I guess they are good with it.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families affected.

Rub a Dub

• out4good4
    out4good4

The NRA proven that they couldn't care less about loss of life.

Their only concern is with staving off lawsuits and accountability to gun manufacturers and keeping sales growth.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

Yet again the sheer lunacy of allowing citizens to own assault rifles is on display. All of the recent mass murders in USA have involved assault rifles.

Just to be clear, I am not talking about guns in general. I am talking about a category of weapon that is not a practical self-defence weapon or a practical hunting weapon or farm tool. It is a weapon designed to kill humans in large numbers, quickly. Why would a lawful citizen need to own such a thing?

• little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

You are more likely to be killed by fist or blunt object than you are to be killed by a rifle.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2014/05/21/fbi-more-people-killed-with-fists-and-hammers-than-with-rifles-and-shotguns/

• little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

Handguns are a MUCH bigger public safety risk than rifles. 80% of gun murders are committed with hand guns.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/14/sunday-review/the-assault-weapon-myth.html?_r=0

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

You are more likely to be killed by fist or blunt object than you are to be killed by a rifle.

little_Socrates ...

I think I am safe in saying that many victims of these mass shootings wish the person(s) were just using their fists or blunt objects.

Rub a Dub

• LV101
    LV101

The nut cases get unregistered guns - think Chicago and highest rate in the country.

This Louisiana crazy would have been a danger to police no matter his weapon.

• Simon
    Simon

I can't imagine how impossible policing would be if you have people openly able to carry lethal weapons (assault style rifles etc...) and at the same time expect no mistakes and that the police won't be on edge with practically every interaction.

Apparently they are having open carry where the Republican convention is going to be. I think it's shameful hypocrisy that guns aren't allowed in to NRA conventions when they want them in schools.

• zeb
    zeb

Tragically these murders will lead to more as the arseholes of the streets seek to outdo each other.

My condolences to the families and the brothers in the service that have lost their loved ones..

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

I posted on this type of topic a few shootings ago. At least 51% of United States citizens have made it clear they would prefer to do nothing about guns. In fact they would rather have mass shootings in night clubs, of police officers, and even elementary students than do anything about guns. Think about that, we had a mass shooting at an elementary school where 20 children aged 6 amd 7 were killed and gun lovers would rather have that happen AGAIN than do ANYTHING about guns.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit