Another JW Urban Legend Thread

by Funchback 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• Funchback
    Funchback

Threads about JW urban legends are nothing new on this forum. They are loads of fun to read.

How many of you remember the one about the teenager who skipped the meeting and decided to get into a car with his worldly friends and they worldly guys decided to rob a store and the JW didn't know they were going to do so but he was arrested simply for being with them?

It was told to scare the crap out of teenagers.

Don't have worldly friends because the worst possible things will happen... was supposed to be the moral of that story.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Not an urban legend, but this actually happened to an inactive family in our hall. One weekend when there was a convention going on the teenage son was riding in the bed of a pickup truck. Truck was in an accident, the kid was ejected and ended up in a vegetative state.

Thankfully most JWs had enough decency not to openly use it as a cautionary tale, but every now and then it was brought up among the more "spiritually mature" JWs. If only they were "still serving Jehovah" they would have been at the convention and nothing would have happened to him...

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

My favorite was in a congregation I visited in the Dominican Republic where the CO (happened to be visiting that week) said that there were two sisters that became lesbians because they decided to watch Mexican Novelas together.

¡Arriba!

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

I was at a meeting once where the visiting speaker told a story about a rock falling on a bus full of people (in a mountainous region in the country) and of course the JW's survived but the others died. I mentioned it later to my family and they kind of shook their heads and said they shouldn't be telling those types of stories from the platform. But it wasn't uncommon to hear how tragedy struck everyone except the JWs type stories - there were just a bunch of versions of the same message - really loving message....geez

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Ok, I have to bite...

The smurf toy that jumped off a boys lap at an assembly and yelled "I'm outta here!" And walked down the isle.....

You know demons love living in the bodies of smurf toys right?

I genuinely heard this one as a 10 year old in Australia. It "supposedly happened at MY assembly hall"

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

There was a popular one here in England that was told to me so many times. It's was always "someone's friend" it happened to. A JW woman walking home alone and being followed by a strange man. She says a prayer and the man stops following her. Later he's arrrested to attacking and raping another woman.

When questioned by police he said he stopped following her because two big men were walking with her.

Bull - Shit

Ive heard about 20 versions of this story.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

That story isn't even JW in origin

http://www.snopes.com/glurge/rapestop.asp

• fulano
    fulano

@scratchme1010.., who was that CO?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

two sisters working together and the householder opens the door ever so slightly ajar , the householder apologises and says he would like to invite the pair in but its not convenient at the moment , because the door was only opened ever so slightly the sister offering the presentation could see a body levitate from the floor to the ceiling in the hallway, they made a run for it, naturally only one of the sisters saw the levitation, Dubs on meds, never a good mix!

• jambon1
    jambon1

The entire religion is based on fear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit