death at the 'memorial'

by eyeuse2badub 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I just got the news from our former congregation in Hollister, CA regarding a tragic event following the 'memorial' Wednesday night. We shared the KH with 2 Spanish congos.

A couple from the Spanish congregation were leaving the KH so that the next Spanish congo could have their 'memorial'. They exited the parking lot in their car when hit by an oncoming car right in front of the KH. The sister was killed instantly and the brother was life flighted to a nearby hospital. Must have been difficult for the next congo to "celebrate" their 'memorial'.

On such a "holy night" you'd think that the angels or jesus or big j could have watched over the brother and his wife. RIP

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• brandnew
    brandnew
    An elderly one from my dads congo, died the morning of the memorial. Very sad...😩.
  • Hecce
    Hecce
    Sad, very sad.
  • Doubtfully Yours
  • Magnum
    Magnum

Yes, it is sad. It does, though, raise the question about divine intervention. At what point does the JW god protect his servants? Under what circumstances? Some JWs say Jah helped them get clothes for a convention or he helped them get a car for service or he helped them get a job or he helped them recover from an illness or.....

If he truly does, then it seems that he would have protected this couple at the Kingdom Hall on the night of the Memorial. Was not his spirit there on that most holy occasion? Were there not angels there? It just doesn't make sense.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Magnum very true.

The issue is - so many JW claim intervention (which by the way is a Miracle) for the most trivial matters.
    I have heard the most silly claims, such as, parking spots opening up in service, or a call being home when they just needed to have some success that morning, or getting the car they prayed for.

So god steps in for that - but not for loyal friends going to memorial?
    Wow he has some sense of humor.

• brandnew
    brandnew

Whoever or whatever is responsible for flamingos, and ostriches.....has a dang sense of humor though.

Thats another thread..☺

• JustVisting
    JustVisting
    Knowing the Spanish bros., they probably mopped up the scene and went on with the next meeting
  • Hadriel
    Hadriel

I get it but at the same time not cool with the jokes...

There's a time and place...this ain't it.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie
    No place for tasteless comments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit