The one oclock meeting

by Steel 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Steel
    Steel

I go to a hall (very rarely) with a single cong of about 60 people in a small city of maybe 10000. Our board of elders is a bunch of childless weirdos or at least the ones that make an effort.

They recently changed the sunday meeting time from 10/12 to 1/ 3. A number of us are pissed off. Its makes to hard to drive to the city or go to a football game.

I just know the gestopo elders behind the change. If your life isnt as miserable or pointless as theirs, they arent doing their job. Its kind of a collective punishment for not being as hardcore as them. It bad enough they take saturday away, now they want your entire sunday.

Rant over

• freddo
    freddo

Don't go?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Wow...I don't miss that crap! Weekends are now all ours.

VOTE WITH YOUR FEET (AND YOUR WALLET)!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

fuck 'em

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Its makes to hard to drive to the city or go to a football game.

They knew that when they changed the hours..

Image result for Thats the whole point

• DJS
    DJS

Be true to your screen name, Steel. Or is that name just to compensate for a lack thereof?

Change the channel.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If you cannot just "NOT GO", then go to a neighboring Cong.

If you can't even do that, then JUST GO and STFU about it or everyone will think you're just a whiner. Or the Eldubs might even accuse you of murmuring.

I admit that it is probably to just "fade away" in a small town Cong.

Good luck . . . . Doc

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Yea screw those meetings and serve us. Weekends are better spent making breakfast, doing some shopping, the occasional stroll in a given direction to see something fun and pretty much anything non JW related. It's great not having to dread the weekends anymore.

• Stealth
    Stealth

We had 3 congregations in a single call and rotated Sunday times every year. I hated the afternoon time slots. It screws up your entire Sunday for doing much of anything else.

If attendance drops they will realize it was a mistake and move it back, so just don't go.

• steve2
    steve2

What is the opposite of steel? Flaccid?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit