Spain: A group of elder requires clarification to Ministry of Justice regarding sexual molestors

by sp74bb 40 Replies latest jw friends

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

The Spanish forum pointed further news some moments ago:

https://abusostj.vbulletin.net/forum/main-forum/abuso-a-menores/562-certificado-de-delitos-de-naturaleza-sexual

A congregation south of Madrid has received the visit of the Police requiring to some assistants to show their Certificate of not being included on sexual molestor registry.

It seems that a confidential meeting has been held tonight but Bethel has not been able to convince the local brothers...

• Hecce
    Hecce

Good, good, good.

Estamos ganando.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    sp: A congregation south of Madrid has received the visit of the Police requiring to some assistants to show their Certificate of not being included on sexual molestor registry.

Did the 'brothers' get a chance to make a bee-line for the basement before the police came knocking?

It must be a sign of the great tribulation. The WTS probably has the press releases all ready to fan the flames of persecution. And the promotional literature ready for the message of judgement.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

It wouldn't be the first time the mother organization/GB has left the local elders out to dry.

• cofty
    cofty

This issue has huge potential to damage the organisation.

You have to ask why the GB don't willingly cooperate with government requirements for child protection. In the UK most churches fully support DBS checks for all workers and volunteers. The Watchtower is becoming the poster-child of bad practice.

Clearly they are afraid of how many elders and MS they would lose overnight if they instructed them to apply for a criminal records check.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Crofty= yeah you have got to wonder what the point of it all is. Just comply and the problem goes away. Surly in their eyes it can't be a bad thing.

I can recall a little while back where Louise Good phoned the British bethel wanting to get a copy of their safe guarding polices and they played dumb ass with her. The fact the elders didn't know anything about it and when she finally went to the kingdom hall and showed them a hard copy it was almost an apostate conspiracy. I guess it's telling really. Wt you need to buck your ideas up, as I just can't understand the game your playing.

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

William Penwell totally true !

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I love the expression they use in the letter, 'the so-called judicial committees'. Very accurate and interesting that these particular elders describe them this way.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    OrphanCrow - "...It must be a sign of the great tribulation..."

Pshh.

Good luck spinning a hunt for sex offenders as "persecution". :smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    William Penwell - "It wouldn't be the first time the mother organization/GB has left the local elders out to dry."

Won't be the last, either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit