Thankful for my babies

by BeautifulMind 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Indeed Beautifullife.  In our case wife and I are relatively young, our second boy was just born 3 months ago, our first is a year and half now. Best thing that ever happened to us.  I remember though, when my wife got pregnant, we were still "in", I serving as an elder. I could tell everyone was shocked, since they imagined us to be like the video couples and go serve where "the need is greater".  However, that was never our desire.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I do not what you are talking about.

At the Spanish congs, we go big time celebration for baby showers. Perhaps is due to our culture being so family oriented.

The WTBTS says a lot of things, but we as individuals choose whatever, especially these days when all their doomsday predictions have expired.

DY

• BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind
    That's great Sanchy, and congrats on your new little bundle!
  • EyesOpenHeartBroken
    EyesOpenHeartBroken

DY--I do not know what YOU are talking about!

When I got pregnant, after many years of pioneering, I was gossiped about and regarded as becoming un-spiritual by the childless women in the congregation. I was thrown a very beautiful baby shower, but those women did not attend, and they pretty well shunned me from then on. Weird, but true!

Anyway, my hubby and I are so thankful for that first "surprise" pregnancy and the "on purpose" pregnancy a few years later. I love being a mom to these beautiful children. Changed my life in such wonderful ways.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I'm another late bloomer....caught at 38 and unexpectedly pregnant with twins!

I look back at my thoughts to never bring children into this wicked system..but also because my self esteem was zero thinking I was too imperfect to have kids, too evil, thanks to childhood indoctrination, anyway it fills me with utter horror that I may not have brought my beautiful boys into this hard, yes at times painful but ultimately wonderful world..given them a shot at life...giving life, bringing forth life...words fail me.

Of all the evils the org has brought upon the trusting ones childlessness is what angers me most, we all have our pet hate and this is mine.and I literally weep with Alive! and others betrayed so scandeously, so evilly, to play on their selflessness like that...it denies not just the parents but EVERYBODY joy.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

EOHB,

So happy to hear you are happy with motherhood. May they continue to be healthy, happy, and as they grow older, very well educated.

You go girl!!!🙂

DY

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    he WTBTS says a lot of things, but we as individuals choose whatever, especially these days when all their doomsday predictions have expired.

DY

I'm sorry to say in the 70s and 80s we thought the wtbts was speaking for god so EVERY little word..no matter how seemingly just a " suggestion" was a suggestion from god, we thought it selfish to have kids when peoples lives depended on our being free to go in service..........not so many born- in fashion plates who use KH as a social calendar filler- upper, then for " keep up with the jonses" House beautiful demos and to show our fashion forward credentials....Jesus? Jesus who? Take your sandals off before you come in, that's a Conran rug dear.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The WTBTS speaks the current understanding by a group of men in the Service Dept., and it changes periodically.

A lot of it is useful, some of it not so much. It is up to the smart individual to distinguish which is which and act accordingly.

This gets easier to do as one gets older.

DY

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

DY - the problem is that if you are a true believer, you don't get to pick and choose. I know that when I was first married, I was convinced that the end was right around the corner and "woe to the pregnant woman during that time" and was against having children. Fortunately, my wife had other plans! And, having the responsibility of being a father is one of the best jobs I've ever had.

I think that as time moves on, more and more JWs are picking and choosing which things to obey and there is less stigma around some of those choices. The harder the GB pushes, the more the average JW tunes them out.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Yes, today's JWs have learned their lesson on NOT putting their life on hold because of the ever changing teachings of the WTBTS.

In my Spanish cong couples are having their children, young graduates furthering their education, some cannot make certain meetings due to their work schedule, etc., it is all alright. Many of us have certainly learned.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit