Far and away the best video I have seen explaining cults

by jwfacts 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

This 5 minute Ted video perfectly explains what a cult it. It does not mention JWs, but perfectly aligns with them. It is put in a manner that would make some understand why JWs are considered a cult. I would love to see this spread throughout the JW community.

Why do people join cults

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Very good video indeed!

• smiddy
    smiddy

I agree with you jwfacts it does fit the JW`s like a glove

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

This Video has proven to be very effective with a friend of mine [who I "studied" with] and who has now faded and his still in wife who loves TED - She watched all of it without any dissent......................you never know what it may have triggered.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

This is not getting much response but I think it is a very important approach to take with JWs. There are so many trigger points to get a Witness thinking.

This is potentially a good topic to raise at carts. Don't tell a JW they are a cult, rather ask, "what do you think are the indentifiers that cause a religion to be classified as a cult?" See what they say and then run through the points of this video.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Just watched and you are 100% correct. How can you deny the damage WT has and still continues to do to families and individuals. Thank you for sharing. I will definitely ear mark this one to possibly use once we drop the bomb on our families.

• Island Man
    Island Man
    "Far and away the best video I have seen explaining cults"

Then you haven't seen bending truth by TheraminTrees:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaUhR-tRkHY

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Good find. Thanks!

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Really well done.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Ten bucks says any hardcore loyalist who might see it would just dismiss it as having been directly targeted at JWs, and that the fact that they're not even mentioned is (somehow ) proof...

Definitely seems like the fence-sitters find it compelling, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit