Are JW's Sins Forgiven? NO - (Says the Watchtower)

by Sea Breeze 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Anyone who has been of this Forum in the past few days has seen Doubting Thomas (an active JW) refuse over and over to provide even one scripture that can show how a JW can get their sins forgiven while outside of the New Covenant as described in Mt. 26: 27-28. Yet, he claims to believe in the blood covering of Jesus while at the same time personally rejecting the new covenant "for forgiveness of sins". His contradictory claims are common among JW's.

And taking a cup, he offered thanks and gave it to them, saying: “Drink out of it, all of you, for this means my blood of the covenant, which is to be poured out in behalf of many for forgiveness of sins". - NWT

The WT knows that no such scripture exists because, shortly after officially denying JW's the opportunity to get their sins forgiven in the 1930's, the Watchtower wanted to make sure that the average JW knew that claiming to have your sins forgiven by the blood of Christ would not be tolerated.

"The ...other sheep..are...not even justified." WT 1938 pages 104-105

Websters Dictionary defines Justification as : remission of sin and absolution from guilt and punishment; or an act of free grace by which God pardons the sinner and accepts him as righteous, on account of the atonement of Christ.

This is still official WT dogma. - Just a FYI

The good news is that the Atonement is still open for business... if you are a "whosoever".

• But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
  • Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

One does not need to be in the new covenant to get their sins forgiven.

The new covenant is between Jehovah God and 144,000 Israelites of the spirit as they are kings and priest.

Any non-Israelites of the spirit who accept Jesus are saved by the high priest Jesus with his sacrifice.

Do you need a specific scripture telling you that? That's the problem with JWs is that they use scriptures and build on them and then build further upon them. But writers of scriptures don't write for all questions especially ones not asked of them.

Such things were taught by the Law and the temple, not specific scripture. Scriptures are interpretation of the law and temple.

• hoser
    hoser

What if sinning is a concept made up thousands of years ago merely to control a population so that all could benefit from some kind of social order?

What if sacrifices for atonement were just a kind of a tax, similar to china’s social credit score?

It maintains a certain level of order in a society.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The Bible doesn't change.

But the JW's change their Bible to suit their narrative.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    One does not need to be in the new covenant to get their sins forgiven. Do you need a specific scripture telling you that?

Of course! Especially since:

1. This is the opposite of what Jesus commanded people to do.

2. This is the opposite of what the apostles led people to do.

3. This is the opposite of what Christians did for 2000 years when the WT suddenly decided to change it for their members.

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine - 2 Tim. 3: 16

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SEA BREEZE:

I am somebody raised Roman Catholic who later in young adulthood (mistakenly) got involved with the Witnesses. In time I found out (among other things) they do not believe anybody is ‘saved’ or is forgiven with ‘grace’ by the blood of Christ, etc.

No, the JWs want people who are forever afraid and paranoid that they are unworthy. They must forever and constantly prove outwardly by visible works (to an organization) so that they ‘might’ be ‘saved’. It’s a never-ending treadmill they are expected to be on.

This is one of many reasons I’m glad I’m Out.

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

Hmmm!

Didn't Christ himself say that "He who endured to the end is the one that WILL BE saved?

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

These are the Core Doctrines of the Watchtower they don't tell you about until after you get baptized:

1. Jehovah is NOT your Father

"They address him prospectively as 'Our Father'

- WT 8/15/45 pg. 253

2. You ARE NOT declared righteous as a JW.

"These have not received the free gift of righteousness"

- WT 6/15/2011

3. You DO NOT have your sins forgiven as a JW.

"The ...other sheep..are...not even justified." WT 1938 pages 104-105

4. Jesus IS NOT your Mediator

"Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind".

-Worldwide Security Under the Prince of Peace, Pg. 10

No one in their right mind would join a group that taught this stuff if they knew about it before hand. Obviously, the WT must employ deception in order to attract members. Of course, once you figure this out, they usually have their hooks in your family too, who will dutifully shun you if you dissent.

It is utterly cruel and Satanic.

Rattigan,

I want to thank you for at least having the guts to admit that you don't need scriptures to back up your beliefs.

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

SB just doesn't listen to Jesus. He's beyond reason.

• waton
    waton

Here are the wt errors:

They declare the new covenant to be only for the priest / kings, whereas the old covenant was for all of israel, not just the tribe of judah and levi. the new has to follow that pattern imho.

They declare the partakers to be the israel of god, whereas in many places the 12 tribes are all the believers, not just the sealed 144 000. wt itself says that the 12 tribes are the non 144000.

jesus passed the bread and wine to believers with an earthly hope, not anointed [yet].

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit