model railways

by stan livedeath 22 Replies latest social entertainment

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

any of you lot into model railways ?

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

I don't have one. But i've always wanted one. I went to a place and they had a small shunting layout and OMG it was so much fun haha. That will probably sound really sad. But the guy made it challenging but having to turn the points and put the train into reverse and forward and be careful with power. It was really good.

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

I bought a 1949 Lionel O scale from the guy who got it for his birthday in 1949. When I bought it he said if I want to sell it back let him know.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I had a Lionel set when I was a little kid back in the late 60's. My grandfather bought it for me. It was a figure 8 type of thing. It wasn't the real small ones but each train was maybe 8 or 9 inches long. Maybe 5 or 6 cars.

I wish I had kept it. It would probably be worth a lot today, even if it didn't run.

Rub a Dub

• recovering
    recovering

I model n scale railroads. I probably have 20 digital controlled locomotives and have a very good representation of the Boston Ma to New Haven St modeled.

• Simon
    Simon

I used to have one as a kid, I can still remember the smell it had, from the little electric motor.

Apparently Rod Stewart is big into model railway building and has just decided that his is now finished.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-50403561

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM9OV5JCn8E

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

so does Jools Holland, and Roger Daltry ( the WHO ?) i think.

ive been an N gauger for 50 years on and off...and have been in the process of filling a 14' by 8' room with a layout over the last 18 months.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I inherited one from my dad...sold it for 3 thousand dollars, used the money for my daughters college fund. Her college was 26 grand a year, and that was with 10 grand knocked off every year for academic excellence.

• recovering
    recovering

Stan have you gotten into brass trains yet. That is probably my next step. The details you are able to replicate with brass rolling stock is impressive.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Most old jws cant afford the things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit