How was your wedding?

by BeautifulMind 22 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

I got married on March 30, 1974. People would ask me if I going to get married as soon as I left Bethel?....................I would say "NO........I'm waiting 2 weeks." I was hot to trot.

It was Allen Andrews who gave the wedding talk at the Newport R.I Kindom Hall. I was there with "My Boys" Jack Sutton best man, Roy Baty, Randy Robertson "Country" and Mike Stillman. True to what my future inlaws told me to do "I just showed up." We had the reception at the V.F.W. hall. My father inlaw Ben Regan (Gomer Pyle) braged to everyone at the wedding, that it only cost him $300 bucks for the whole thing. Debbie made her own wedding dress......she wore a ripped pair of panty hose (no cash for new ones). We had a great time and danced our asses off. There was only one problem.........Jim Pipkorn who was to take our wedding pictures (to save money)....... got lost and finally got there and hour before the reception was over........Debbie never did forgive him for that. Debbie and I were the last ones out of the V.F.W. Hall........we just didn't want it to end.

We didn't move to Califorina after the wedding, like I tolded her parents.There was just too many changes happening. I just couldn't see making four of the biggest changes in my life with in 2 week period 1. leaving Bethel 2. getting married 3.moving to Califorina 4. getting a job.I was tired and exhausted. We had got 1,500 bucks at our wedding, the most money I had ever seen in my whole life."We were RICH"...........so we played for a whole month. Do you want to hear something really sick? The only place we went to on our honeymoon was, guess were?............Thats right New York City, and Bethel. Since her parents would never let her come down to visit me while we were going together, I wanted to show her the city. At the time you could rent a room in the Towers Hotel from Bethel for cheap......so we went there for a weekend. I must say on some crazy level, I liked the idea of having "legal sex" in a Bethel room. I got some kind of sick pleasure from taking her on a tour of the factory, so I could show off my new bride to all my "Horny" friends.......Who still needed to "make their time"......Kind of a "Hey......Guys, look what I got!....You can get one too.........someday if your lucky!"

• honest
    honest

Had a big italian jw wedding of around 300 people. Had a ball. The brother who married us kept telling my husband to tell the band to make the music softer. My dear rebellious husband would nod and say noted. He then went to the band and said awesome job guys keep it loud 😂.

Awesome night.

Then we got back from our honeymoon and got pulled aside by 3 super dub women ( 2 are now out) to give me a stern scolding about having and giving oral sex to my husband. (all based on assumptions)

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Hi y'all!

Huge JW wedding, 400+ guests. Lots of food, cash bar, dancing. It was just wonderful!!!

Hubby and I enjoyed it very much, no stress, no problems.

I really enjoy weddings.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit