How Are JWs Affected By The Coronavirus?

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Letter read again last night here in Canada.

The letter goes on to tell dubs how to do everything including blow their noses. No kidding. Meetings mentioned. Blah blah.

Now, Watchtology can tell them how to behave in every aspect of life, but here’s the kicker, as careful and cautious as all the dubs should be, now grab your allotment of Memorial Invites and a stack of territory’s and go thee therefore and sell our religion at every house in the land.

”strain our the knat and gulp down the camel”

• minimus
    minimus

So be careful but let’s make this Memorial one to remember!

• tiki
    tiki

Isnt this one of those horsemen of the apocalypse....taking a third of humanity down with pestilence, disease? Exciting times we live in brothers and sisters.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

JWs coping?

The ones I know are scared and have decided to stay away until it is over.... But of course others are not so practical. I know die hards who will carry on regardless.

At least the dub website has given sensible advice....

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

From what I have heard, those attending the one day assemblies will be required to have a Clorox enema prior to entering.

"But remember brothers and sisters, use ONLY ONE SQUARE of tissue to wipe your butt with. And only ONE to dry your hands! Oh, and DON'T FORGET, drop your contribution in the box at the door on your way by!"

• St George of England
    St George of England

We're back to roving microphones on booms, congregants not to touch whilst answering. Attendant monitored hand sanitiser at KH entrance, everyone to use on entering.

George

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

And no more "hugs, kisses, or hand-shaking. We (the eldurs) recommend elbow bumps", was the announcement made in my locality.

Now I wonder IF it were me attending in person just how hard could I make that elbow bump? Maybe to the ribs of an eldur or two?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

All meetings and field serve-us cancelled here in the Midwest of the US. We have ONE case of Corona (the virus, not the beer) in this State.

• minimus
    minimus

But what about the command to meet together?

• caves
    caves

Apparently jehovah's holy spirit doesn't work at the kh anymore. They just don't make 'holy spirit' like they used to. Shucks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit