Image: Great Tribulation

by OrphanCrow 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

The org's fear theme has really been emphasized recently- the bunker video and now the convention video with JWs being pursued by guys with assault rifles.

This image comes from the Watchtower July 2017 Questions From Readers: Would it be fitting for a Christian to keep a firearm, such as a handgun or a rifle, for protection against other humans?

The caption for the image is this: During the great tribulation, Christians will rely on Jehovah and not try to defend themselves

I did an image search for this illustration and found a cropped version of it on this site here:

http://truechristianity.com.ng/

Somebody in Nigeria must have read that Watchtower and figured that it fit well in their prediction of how the Great Tribulation will go down (it is likely a little difficult to find stock images of people being threatened with assault rifles)

http://truechristianity.com.ng/the-great-tribulation-day/

• Magnum
    Magnum

Interesting. The pic looks corny, fake, staged.... so I would have thought it was produced by the org; it has the look of the kind of stuff they turn out.

And what's the deal with all this fearmongering stuff? They used to tell us not to focus on the bad stuff ahead and not to try to picture it, but to just do what we're supposed to at the present and trust in Jah. Now, they're showing all this graphic stuff. I actually know the reason; they're having to resort to this kind of stuff to keep some excitement in JW land. Without it, JW land would be dull and boring and full of disappointment.

edited to add: OK, so I just read the OP again. Now, I'm thinking that you're saying that it is a JW-produced pic and that another group used it.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I'm always surprised when they show "brothers" with bulked out arms. Isn't it "worldly" to concentrate on getting a great bod at the gym? Spending hours on your body instead of out in service? or studying or praying etc.

• waton
    waton

what ever happened to " stand back and enjoy your salvation ", Noah peacefully bobbing above Everest? The anointed "generation" having fled Jerusalem, out of harms way?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I am assuming the muzzle flashes are flashlights. I suppose its no coincidence they could be mistaken as the rifle firing. Sneaky WT artists.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Magnum: edited to add: OK, so I just read the OP again. Now, I'm thinking that you're saying that it is a JW-produced pic and that another group used it.

Yeah, that is the general gist of it.

I was interested in how this image fits within the WT narrative - the bunker video in 2016, this image in 2017, and now...the Jesus saves video

The deliberate construction of the fear myth is evident in how the WT has presented them chronologically

Here is another thing.

I wonder if the WT/org will go after that Nigerian web site (truechristianity) for copyright violations. The same site sells books written by this fellow:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Kumuyi

William Folorunso Kumuyi (born 6 June 1941)[1][2] is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry situated at KM 42 on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria. He is the author of several books
    In April 2013, Kumuyi was named as one of the "500 most powerful people on the planet" and Deeper Christian Life Ministry named as "the World's largest Megachurch" by Foreign Policy magazine (FP)
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

I'm sorry, but...

...in what crazy-ass, fucked-up mirror universe would the prospect of being rounded up and (presumably) shot by NWO stormtroopers be something to look forward to?

Pretty sure Jesus said that his followers would be safe during the End Times, not "...remain faithful and loyal in the Last Days, and a firing squad will be your reward..."

All this pic does is make XJWs look like the smart ones for getting out while the going was still good. :smirk:

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Why worry or fret for jehober will protect you--------or not! Decades of hearing how jehober will protect HIS people and then realizing that there is no jehober and thus, no protection!

just saying!

• Spiral
    Spiral

Funny how the image seems to have been stolen by a mega church. Takes one to know one.

All this new fear mongering is just crazy.

And showing this stuff to children is child abuse.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Great Tribulation is something...

“the world has never seen nor will see again...”

So how do these idiots put in picture something that has never been seen/ experienced before?!

How will bunkers protect them? It won’t so why go into them temporarily? Just to be rounded up later?

The retarded thinking of cultic minds !!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit