Prince's recent passport pik!

by fulltimestudent 40 Replies latest social current

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

JWdaughter LOL!Agreed !Who do I complain to?!! 😜

• blondie
    blondie

Finkelstein, what do you mean, df'd, da'd, inactive? Not going to meetings? What is your source(s)? A jw you know well who goes to his last attended congregation? Living an extreme non-jw lifestyle again?

There are different rules for celebrity jws. I do know that Prince was baptized as a jw.

• sir82
    sir82

Prince isn't a JW anymore , been out for couple of years now.

"Out" = DF, DA, inactive, what?

• brandnew
    brandnew

😂😂😂😂 HATERS !!!!! y'all know when purple rain comes on the radio, everyone sways to the music, .....or when billy jean from michael jackson comes on ..everyone is bobbin their heads to the beat !!!!! Just sayin...good times.....good music.😈😇

Mad Puppy

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    If I look that good in chaps when I'm 58 look out London YiiHaaaaa!!!
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    His afro's crap ...
  • OutsiderLookingIn
    OutsiderLookingIn

As much as I'd love confirmation that Prince is no longer a JW, I don't think we'll ever get it. As has been mentioned, celeb JWs play by a different set of rules. So he won't get disfellowshipped. The only way to know for sure is if he were to publicly disassociate, which he wouldn't do for business reasons (non-JWs love him/buy his stuff because he's a musical genius; JWs love him/buy his music because he's a JW). From his perspective, what would be the point of confirming or denying? As things are, he can't lose.

But if he ever did leave and give a principled reason for leaving, he'd have a very large audience.

• sir82
    sir82

celeb JWs play by a different set of rules. So he won't get disfellowshipped.

Generally true, but Michael Jackson did get DF'ed in the 80's.

• OutsiderLookingIn
    OutsiderLookingIn
    Hmmm fair point, sir82. But did MJ ever publicly state he was a JW? I don't know either way, but if he didn't, they didn't lose anything by cutting him off. Plus in 2016, I'm sure they're more concerned about attracting/keeping people with examples of talented people in the org. So they won't burn a bridge if they don't have to.
  • sir82
    sir82

But did MJ ever publicly state he was a JW?

I of course don't know everything he ever said, but the Awake magazine quoted him directly by name some time in the mid 80's, expressing his regret for recording "Thriller". That is a pretty obvious public declaration of his faith, at least at the time he said it.

You could probably find the reference if you have access to a WT-CD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit