New Bible, In Spanish.... Why taking so long?!

by Doubtfully Yours 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Is it possible it's not like they initially said, that it was just having God's name added in places where it had been deleted, and that perhaps they're making more adjustments to it in order to fit our doctrine?

Come out with the freakin' new Bible in Spanish already!!!

DY

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Maybe they don't care to make one in Spanish. They have made moves in Africa that indicate they don't care about Africans because they have no money to donate. Maybe they feel the same way about the Spanish speaking ones.
  • sir82
    sir82
    It takes a while to twist scripture to fit your already-determined doctrines (e.g., the new rendering of Micah 6:8) into other languages.
  • EyesOpenHeartBroken
    EyesOpenHeartBroken

I would not be surprised if there's no Spanish RNWT planned. I don't believe anything is as the GB present it, i.e. want people to understand Bible better, easier use of language, blah,blah,blah. I think was purely a tool of manipulation and cash flow. Demographically speaking, it may not be necessary for them to spend the time and money on a Spanish RNWT. In other threads, you have said in the U.S. Spanish congregations being a JW is mostly about being in a social club and people don't question as much the doctrine, so why would the GB bother with adjustments to the text? Additionally, the majority of Spanish speaking JWs live in third world countries and would have very little to contribute for their new silver sword.

Follow the $$$.

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

It's getting to be almost a joke in the Spanish field about the lack of the new Bible. At last year's RC, the big "Jesus" book (replacement for Greatest Man) did not come out in Spanish. The speaker specifically stated that it would come out in Spanish when the RNWT was made available in Spanish. And that was a year ago.

If anything, this shows the glaring incompetence of the WT. Supposedly, they have spent millions of dollars on these "Regional Translation Offices" all over the world. They moved the Spanish translation team from Puerto Rico to Spain with the declared intention of making the work more efficient. The end result? The translation is getting slower, not faster.

It has become an embarrassment to the org when even simple two-page letters to congregations come out in English one week, but aren't available in Spanish until 2 or 3 weeks later. This is common knowledge in the Spanish circuits.

What are these 'translation teams' doing all day???? Or is their nonstop bashing of education coming back to bite them in the a$$?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

New Bible, In Spanish.... Why taking so long?!

......Image result for mexican siesta

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    They brought out the Portuguese RNWT tho... so... it doesn't make sense.
  • Lieu
    Lieu

Spaniards are like Paul, at times difficult to understand. 😆

Besides, trying to directly translate something from English to Spanish takes time as some things don't translate. Then it has to be translated from Spain Spanish to Latin American Spanish and it's many variations. Last someone has to figure out a translation for the Nicaraguans.😃

They have to go around changing all the vosotros and vais to ustedes for one thing.

Aguas!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Then it has to be translated from Spain Spanish to Latin American Spanish and it's many variations.

Lieu

I totally agree. One of the purposes of the of the RNWT was to make it more "user friendly" so to speak. More common and easy to understand.

Being in a Spanish congregation myself, when I heard the RNWT was released in English, I thought there was no way in hell (ha des) that they could do it in Spanish unless they had at least six to ten different Spanish versions. Even as a native-born English speaker, I know I have been "Cubanized" here in South Florida. Speaking from a Cuban perspective (90% of the people in our congregation are Cuban), the Spanish spoken here is so different in many ways than the Spanish in Spain, the Spanish in Argentina, etc.

Some words and expressions that are common in one country may be considered derogatory, low-class or in some cases even worse. Words that a Columbian may say would never be spoken by a Chilean or Peruvian. Expressions used by a Dominican would never be used by a "good JW" from Venezuela.

I have no idea how the translation committee can deal with all of the differences and make it a "one size fits all" which, as I understand it, has been the bane of the Spanish congregations here for decades.

Rub a Dub

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Obviously jehober don't love the Spanish as much as the gringos! JW's are an American religion, born and raised, so all other language groups just have to suck hind tit!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit