privileges

by kgfreeperson 18 Replies latest jw friends

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

What people can give public talks? (i.e., do you have to be an elder?)

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

I'm sorry, that was more specific that I really wanted it to be. What position does one need to attain to give various levels of talks? What about other "privileges."

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I've seen MS's give public talks.

• onacruse
    onacruse

The Organization book (p 59) specifically lists public talks as one of the things MS's can be asked to do. The Theocratic Ministry School schedule for 2002 also says that MS's can give the Instruction talk.

Craig

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

If one steps down from a presiding overseer or elder position, is it likely he would be a MS?

• blondie
    blondie

No if he steps down he becomes an ordinary brother, no titles. Many congregations have an unwritten rule that he could be reappointed as a MS in one year.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Aha. Thanks.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Oh, rats, one more question. Can an 'ordinary brother" do talks, lead TMS meetings, etc?

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

An 'ordinary brother' can only do 'student talks' on the TMS... the #2 and #4 talks. (And possibly a #3 if he's subbing in last minute.) The only exception would be congregations with a severe shortage of brothers.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

So, if someone gives public talks at his own and other congregations he is at least a MS. Right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit