Gorby has to admit

by Gorbatchov 18 Replies latest jw friends

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Gorbatchov: 1 Corinthians 7:31 - for the scene of this world is changing.

Yup! I wonder how many times that text has been applied to changes in socio-political structures of the world.

There were at least two plagues in the few centuries after Constantine legalised Xtianity. And many political threats and changes, the collapse of the Western Roman Empire and the conflict between the Eastern Empire (Byzantium) and the Sasanian Empire - then the rise of Islam and the consequent collapse of Eastern (Asian) Xtianity. We still have the written fears of some Xtians who lived through those perilous times.

Now again, we live in a time of change, one political power feels threatened by the rise of another. Yup! its serious and the consequences could be very bad. How bad? Its like a poker game - wait and see what cards both sides hold.

And yes, there's a plague that some have not reacted to in a timely manner. (But, some scientists have been warning of this possibility for years). Australia has had two incidents of bat virus infections. - ( https://www.wildlifehealthaustralia.com.au/Portals/0/Documents/FactSheets/Mammals/Coronaviruses_in_Australian_Bats.pdf ) - One ( Lyssaviruses ) not so very serious, and one that could've become serious (the Hendra virus - affected horses and some people who handled them. ( See - https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/factsheets/Pages/hendra_virus.aspx ) From that reference you'll note that the intermediate animals, in that case, were horses and the close similarity to the current coronavirus threat - namely, Fever, cough, sore throat, headache and tiredness are common initial symptoms. In both those cases the virus the virus failed to mutate quickly enough to become dangerous enough for mass infection of humans.

There is doubt that we (humans) will be able to quickly make a suitable vaccine to protect humans, so possibly we will once again have to live with the possibility of being infected with a virus that may kill us. Or, maybe we get lucky and humans (generally) will be wise enough to throw all their energy into finding a way to prevent this type of viral infection. Well! maybe they wont also.

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

I personally believe that things are not winding down, but winding up ... for WW3. Many political analysts who track the dynamics relationship between social behavior and war agree that there is a generational linking between the both of them. The theory offered by Strauss and Howe, (as explained in their book; the Third Turning) is one way to explain why each different generation doesn't understand the presiding and why major wars occur every 80 years or so. You can ever Wiki it if you like. Additionally I think that you can even apply its principles to the WT corporation and how behaves too.

Its a view of the world, that does actual give reason to the seeming mess of it.

• LoyalLeon
    LoyalLeon

@Gorbachov I don't get it

here in Central Europe I feel as safe as never before, and "The End"TM is as far off as never before

there have been so many 'critical times' before and this is hardly the worst

I only wonder, why the praching activity has allowed to be dimmed out like this, no more urgency at all..

no idea how they wonna rekindle that, but perhaps all those baptized in CoolAid will simply run as the locusts* again, as soon as they are permitted to do so

locusts according to Revelation, not according to Joel... as broher spain exsplaned..

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yes ,the scene of the world is changeable, unpredictable,not always what we want ....but was it not ever thus?

This may be remembered as a “Summer of discontent “ and like no other most of us have experienced.. but is it harder to handle than say, 1940 or any year in WW2 ?

Times have been worse in times past . Have a beer and cheer up!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Try to stay positive, folks.

The last thing any of us need is to feel tempted to go back to the WT.

• millie210
    millie210

LoyalLeongo

@Gorbachov I don't get it

here in Central Europe I feel as safe as never before, and "The End"TM is as far off as never before

there have been so many 'critical times' before and this is hardly the worst

I only wonder, why the praching activity has allowed to be dimmed out like this, no more urgency at all

I didn't realize the preaching work was dimming. I thought they were just doing the quarantine stuff like everybody else.

If it is indeed dimming, could it be because it has been failing for a while and this is an excellent "excuse" to scale back and make it look like it was all part of the non-existant plan?

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Even the Quran says about Qayamat ka Din. Means, the last days would be torublesome. Is this a warning that everyone should become Muslims to be saved ?

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

What I mean is that democracy is in decline. And that's not good.

I see a stream here on the board too, of people who like a hard (and white) hand for ruling.

I think those are on the wrong site of history.

The fact I used a bible text is not because of a weak moment. It's to think about.

G.

G.

• Steel
    Steel

JWs hardly have a monopoly on telling people the world Is coming to an end or we are living in the last days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit