5 publishers in my father's congregation have just been put in rest homes.

by joe134cd 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    My father was telling me the other day that 5 Publishers have recently been put in rest home care. Interesting in a cong of about 80-100 publishers.
  • zeb
    zeb
    On a % indicates the age of members is older than younger.
  • OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

If they in fact need that kind of care it is good that there are facilities where they can get it. I sure hope there are some kind souls who will make regular visits with them to let them know they are still valued as human beings.

The typical oh so loving JDubya's won't lift a fat finger to help their own when they get old enough to need more intensive assistance, or can no longer be slavishly driven to clean toilets for free.

Sorry illegitimate sons.*

* Bastards

• atomant
    atomant
    Yep once the publishers are past their use by date they become perishable.Shame on them self righteous,pontificating lazy excuses for so called loving brothers and sisters who cant even care for their own.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Also when I was attending this same cong and awakening I used to count by age those in attendance. Basically 66% of cong was what I considered 40 years and older while 33% was 40 years and younger. A slither in the 19-25 year age group. I think this would stand to reason why 5 publishers are in rest home care now in such a short period of time.
  • nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    I don't get it. this is quite puzzling. I thought they were promised they would never grow old and die. It's 2015 shouldn't they be young and vibrant froliking in the meadow with their pet panda?
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Sad. There they'll be forgotten. Ending life the same as everybody else.

Some will lose their marbles and celebrate everything. Hey, whatever brings them joy in this last stage of life.

Sad.

DY

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

When the older ones are placed in 'rest homes', they are soooooooooooooon forgotten. If only the pioneers could offically "count their time" by visiting them in the 'rest homes', the older ones would receive one hell-of-a-lot more attention. Probably looooong daily visits. How loving that would be!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i experienced the above. my jw dad went into a home 3 years ago--which meant a change of congregation. an elder-friend of his visited a few times to start with. then a couple of elders--who knew him well--from the new cong came a few times. plus an elderly sister who lived nearby and knew him 40 years ago. all visits stopped within a year. i think he was still a believer till he slipped into a coma and died a week later.
  • Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

Good afternoon Joe134,

Respectfully.... what's wrong with family? These times when a loved-one needs help can be the most rewarding for a carer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit