What the 2019 Service Report is really hiding

by BottleGate_ 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

some amazing stats there

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SKIN:

You are probably right..I believe much of the ‘negative growth’ as simply being elderly Witnesses who are passing away.

• St George of England
    St George of England

JW's should outlive their "worldly" counterparts. After all, they don't smoke, take drugs, drink excessively, over eat, take part in dangerous sports......

George

• sir82
    sir82

JW's should outlive their "worldly" counterparts. After all, they don't smoke, take drugs,

OK

drink excessively,

What???

over eat,

WHAT???

Not sure what congregation you attended, but....

An awful lot of JWs could drink Karen Allen (Tibetan bar scene in "Raiders of the Lost Ark") under the table.

And the quickest way to commit suicide by "trampled to death"? On a Sunday afternoon, go to the Golden Trough, er, Golden Corral, and stand between a table of JWs and the buffet trough when a fresh cauldron of mac & cheese is put out.

Hoo boy - "don't drink excessively or overeat" - well, maybe in the Congo.

• BottleGate_
    BottleGate_

I literally observed a former missionary who while being an elder and pioneer ate himself to death . About 11 yrs ago . He was in his 50s and over 400 pounds. He even convinced his wife to smuggle him excess food into the nursing home right up to his death . He was awaiting life saving surgery but was required to lose weight .

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

As a group you won't find more obese people than jdub's. Probably because eating and drinking is the only enjoyable thing they get/have time to do.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

I notice that many of these baptized at local assemblies are youth, born ins. I would hazard a guess and say 40-50% are of that category. The 0.8 percent is usually the death rate yearly.

Still, with the "increased" great crowd, that is a poor showing for baptisms.

• St George of England
    St George of England

@sir82 etc

British sarcasm mate, just sarcasm!

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit