November 2019 Watchtower (Would love to hear the comments in the hall)

by pleaseresearch 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

From the November 2019 Watchtower study edition.

How many of you would like to know what the brothers and sisters would respond to this question. Also, if you went into a hall how would you like to respond to the question.

8. How should we respond to lies?

8 Satan, “the father of the lie,” uses those under his control to spread lies about Jehovah and about our brothers and sisters. (John 8:44) For instance, apostates publish lies and distort facts about Jehovah’s organization on websites and through television and other media. Those lies are among Satan’s “burning arrows.” (Eph. 6:16) How should we respond if someone confronts us with such lies? We reject them! Why? Because we have faith in Jehovah and we trust our brothers. In fact, we avoid all contact with apostates. We do not allow anyone or anything, including curiosity, to draw us into arguing with them.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

What if the lies are actually true? On matters that I have opinions on I can and will discuss( not scream and argue) the point and if I cannot present a reasonable explanation I have to examine my own stand

• Magnum
    Magnum

The org commonly says that. The leaders know they can't outright say it, but they're implying that everything that "apostates" say is a lie. They want to program JWs to think that way; they're training them to think "apostate = lie". They, however, know damn well that almost everything apostates say is true and they're scared to death and are running with their tails tucked between their legs. They do not want to face apostates in debates, and they don't want the rank and file talking with them, and we all know the reason for that.

It's a textbook case of the logical fallacy "argumentum ad hominem" - that is, the attacking of one's opponent in an argument rather than addressing his argument. The org knows that what apostates say is true and they can't address apostates' arguments, so they attack the apostates themselves, calling them liars and saying they're under Satan's control.

How would I respond? "How would we know that what one is saying is a lie without carefully listening to and thinking about it? We couldn't know, could we? If we were to carefully listen to and analyze it and then found out that it was a lie, then we should reject it, but what if we found that it wasn't a lie?"

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Magnum, loved your post. Spot on!

"but what if we found it wasn't a lie?"

THIS IS WHAT WT AND THE GB ARE TERRIFIED OF!!! Oh....how I love to see them sweat!!

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Also, if you went into a hall how would you like to respond to the question.

Well we all KNOW that only Jehovahs Witlesses speak the truth. So it would follow that anything that a non-Jehovahs Witless says would HAVE to be a lie. So we must NEVER listen to what anyone other than baptized, preferably appointed elders, have to say as everything else said is A LIE and we must cover our ears against them!

I wonder if they would get the sarcasm? Probably not. Of course I seldom show up anymore, and on the very few occasions I do I no longer get called on to comment. No great loss.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Satan, “the father of the lie,” uses those under his control to spread lies

That's really quite hilarious. There are Jobos that think that some people are zombified shells controlled by the evil one. What must they look like?

Image result for smart zombie Must tell lies about Jobos! Must tell lies about Jobos!

Why do Jobos think anyone else in the universe is even slightly interested in their weirdo cult? NOBODY CARES (IN CAPS)!

.....and I wonder what would happen if we asked a Jobo what are the lies?

• menrov
    menrov

of course they never print some of those "lies" as examples. "Lies" about CSA handling and court cases, about wrong doctrines (too many to mention here), about dishonesty in the organisation etc.

Pfff......

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Satan is said to be the father of the lie, right ?

When Satan told Eve that she would not die in the day she ate of the fruit that was forbidden them ?

As God said they would

In that day she did not die ?

However God told Adam that in the day he ate from this tree" he would positively die "

He didnt die on the day he ate from that tree.

So Satan was telling the truth.

When Satan told Eve "for in the day of your eating of it your eyes are bound to be opened and you are bound to be like God knowing good and bad"

Satan was telling the truth ,

which is proved by Gods own words

Gen 3: 22 "Here the man has become like one of us in knowing good and bad"

Again Satan has been telling the truth .

However Eve lied when she claimed "the serpent deceived her" ,when in fact Satan told her the truth .

Your thoughts on this would be appreciated .

• Biahi
    Biahi

How could a PIMO answer this without “outing’ themselves? I’m not sure. Apostate lies is such a go-to answer for anything they cannot defend.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Since leaving and not reading their literature it strikes me as odd now how cult-y and mind controlling the writing style is. It tells the reader what to think by wording it as if they already think that way:

Because we have faith in Jehovah and we trust our brothers. In fact, we avoid all contact with apostates. We do not allow anyone or anything, including curiosity, to draw us into arguing with them.

Hive mind mentality at it's finest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit