Do You Believe The News Media Is Trustworthy?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• LauraV
    LauraV

Well, at this point it depends on what news channel you follow, as "theonlyoneleft" says:

So many times things are just twisted to give us a different perspective of the real reality.

So, as everyone knows, if you watch FOX, guess who you're thoroughly satisfied with as current POTUS, if you watch MSNBC,guess who you can't wait to be replaced in 2020.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If I have the volume turned on, I generally listen to NBC and CNN.

I also have found that I can watch Fox News without the volume on and really enjoy it. The visuals are far better.

Rub a Dub

• NCC-1701
    NCC-1701

Something I’ve wondered about for some time.

I would like to think that the various news agencies are in somewhat of a competitive relationship with each other. Would it not be advantageous for one news outlet to expose the false or erroneous reporting of another, thus holding each other in check?

Was journalism ever like this?

• zeb
    zeb

The Australian Broadcasting Commission ( ABC.net ) is frequently biased. When some footage got out of indigenous juveniles rioting at a youth detention centre each time the footage was shown it was edited more and more.

One inmate was photographed secured to a chair with a hood over his head. Yep not nice and it was done till he calmed down and also to prevent him spitting in the faces of the staff.

The media were so shocked.. tut tut. Did they seek out the owners of the cars that had been stolen or home owners whos homes had been burgles and wrecked by the inmates, for their opinion?

There was footage shown of sheep in heat distress on a 'live export' ship. It later came out that the crew turned off the fans and water so the animals would be distressed and took the footage which they sold. The media didnt wish to know that though.

We have a senator here (Hansen) who frequently says things in sincerity that backfire on her. She is easy bait for the extreme 'Ms'- persons' of the ABC who after one interview were openly gloating over the Senator.

I conclude the media presenters are all from the upper echelons of society and no personal experience in the real world..

Any of you recall Lindy Chamberlain the mother of the baby that disappeared at Eayres Rock or few of you will know of Justice Murphy both suffered crucifixion by media.

• blondie
    blondie

I look at it like news shared by posters on JWN. I look at the supporting evidence and try to find other comments regarding the same subject.

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

Has the news media ever been trustworthy?

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Now more than before, broadcast news is the product of ratings whores. "If it bleeds, it leads", and never mind that all the publicity they shower on one psycho killer encourages a dozen more copy-cats.

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

"If it bleeds, it leads."

Paper from a century ago:

• BottleGate_
  • iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Click Bait

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit