JW Video Armageddon to occur before 2040

by Listener 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

At about 5min 55 secs Flodin makes this statement:,

'And consider this significant point; there's nothing.....nothing in Jesus' prophecy that suggests those of the second group, alive at the time of the end would all be old, decrepit and close to death. There's no reference to age.'

Well, please consider my significant point; theres nothing....nothing in Jesus' prophecy that remotely mentions a second group. You are fabricating a story to make a square peg fit into a round hole. A round hole that doesn't exist.

An elder friend of mine that admitted to struggling with the new 'understanding' told me that he felt better after Splanes video. His reason? Simply because a member of the anointed had explained it. My reply was, 'explained what?'

• blondie
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

An elder friend of mine that admitted to struggling with the new 'understanding' told me that he felt better after Splanes video.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102003021?q=simple+clear+way&p=sen

• mrquik
    mrquik

You gotta love the GB's approach in keeping the R&F in line. By pushing it another 24 years in the future, it keeps the older ones in line by giving them this carrot. So while they say nothing, hoping against hope to survive, the younger R&F members figure they'll slide right in. Nice job.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Splane's segment uses phrases like " Assume, for the sake of argument" and "Let's suppose" ......is that a sound basis for a scriptural explanation - a basis for hope & faith? I think not.

Actually I think we are taking this 2040 thing too far. He said "some speculated....2040" then proceeds to rubbish that thought. He also said that if it came this year it would fulfil prophecy.

Why can they not admit that they don't know the meaning of that verse? Or go back to the drawing board and say that 1914 must have been wrong all along? ....Too proud, I guess.

• blondie
    blondie

Genesis 6:3 gives a time frame of 120 years from the notification to Noah to "preach" and build the ark.

1914 to 2034, close to 2040?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

2040, eh?

Is this a "clever" way of obfuscating 2034, the "bible-based" date arrived at by adding the 120 years of Noah's "ministry" to the date 1914, the year when suddenly, nothing happened?

Apologies to Blondie, I replied before I read her comment.

• mrquik
    mrquik

Damn; I'll be 89. I can make it !!!!! (Of course I'll have to give up drinking, sex, drugs & rock n roll) Screw it; I'm not gonna make it.....

• smiddy
    smiddy

No wonder their is no urgency to the preaching work nowadays. What ? the young ones can now party and dilly dally for years before they get serious and come back to Jehovah in the few years before 2040.

They can enjoy both worlds now.

How the rank and file ( the average Jehovah`s Witness ) can not see the Governing Body to continually dangle the carrot stick (Armageddon, New World , Paradise ,Great Tribulation ) in front of their members for over 130 years beggars belief , with their continual changes to their beliefs with the excuse of "New Light" from Jehovah

In other words the "old light" was false

you don`t have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out.surely.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit