Proof of Jehovah's fast moving chariot!

by Sour Grapes 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

At the meeting Sunday, the brother giving the "public talk" (no one from the public is ever there) was talking about how the organization is moving so fast. As proof of this he held up the new field service time slip. Yep, that was plenty of proof for me, a smaller time slip to guilt the congregation to use their tablets in service to show video's. I would imagine that in less than 2 years you will be criticized if you dare place and count magazines.

Sour Grapes

• sir82
    sir82
    Only in WT-world could revised paperwork for simplifying banal record-keeping be viewed as evidence of "organizational progress".
  • Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    I notice on the new slip there is a box for "comments". I was tempted, Oh! how I was tempted.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Proof of Jehovah's fast moving chariot!

Yep, that was plenty of proof for me, a smaller time slip to guilt the congregation to use their tablets in service to show video's.....Sour Grapes

Satan Da Debil.................Jehoba-Loba-Ding-Dong.........................The WBT$ Cheerleaders..
    .......Image result for Small Arrow Pointing down.............................Image result for Small Arrow Pointing down

http://www.crystalinks.com/movchariotraces.gif............Image result for Cheerleader gif

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    With this new field service slip, they are just getting more scrutinizing with time, gauging others in a way.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

JEHOVAHS CHARIOT

Doc

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

My brother told my sister, great things are happening. The young people are having a great times,

the organization is on the move. I wonder is this a last ditch attempt to put a positive spin

on the organization. Maybe a letter was sent to the elders, " We are in deep sh---t..."

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Be a bit wary of these 'divine chariots,' they are not safe to drive - they crash and burn!.

Remember that when Ezekiel introduced the concept of divine chariots doing wheelies in the sky, just before the Babylonian captivity, he was really (supposedly) foretelling the divine oversight of the second temple construction.

In 70 CE the Romans destroyed that second temple, and therefore metaphorically the chariot that screeched around overhead doing wheelies, crashed and burned.

The people of the Dead Sea Scrolls (most likely the Essenes) also thought of YHWH's spirit driving the heavenly chariots. The DDS document, now known as document 4Q405, and in the section identified as 20 ii, 21-2, the author describes his imagined concept of YHWH's chariot, clearly inspired by Ezekiel's vision.

Here's a few extracts from that section:

" ... His glorious chariots. When ... they go ... they do not turn aside but advance straight."
    "The cherubim bless the image of the throne-chariot above the firmament ... When the wheels advance, angels of holiness come and go..."
    "The spirits of the living 'gods' move perpetually with the glory of the marvellous chariot(s)."

Problem was for those people, one day one of those angels envisioned as moving effortlessly 'between' the wheels, misjudged things, got mangled up in a wheel and the whole bloody thing crashed and burned. With YHWH's mighty chariot out of action, the approaching Roman armies easily defeated the Jews (again) and destroyed the temple and slaughtered so many Jews, that Palestine was on the way to becoming the home of non-Jewish people.

The DDS people in particular disappeared from history, just as it appears that the divine chariot swinging wildly around over the heads of the modern day JWs, is not so much speeding, but skidding around out of control. Soon, it seems this version of the divine chariot will also crash and burn.

Better than Star Wars, isn't it? Someone ought to produce a video game, "YHWH's divine chariot crashes and burns."

----------------

Sorry for letting my imagination loose! (I'm better than Freddy, arn't I?)

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yes, a sister I ran into the other day was going on about "the work is really opening up" (variation on the fast moving chariot theme)

I thought, no, the work is slowing down!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The work is ''speeding up, we must keep up!!'' Really

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit