Actively Fading and The Memorial

by All for show 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov
    Memorial time is the time I hate myself for my weakness. I hate myself so.
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

A memorial about 6 years ago was my last ever meeting, i went to appease my mother, but she made a good point in that i had missed 3 months of meetings by then and to miss the memorial would seem too final and would send the wrong message.

I reluctantly agreed with that assessment and went, i sat in the back row with other misfits and had a laugh, the mental relief of knowing it was my last ever meeting was fantastic.

I havent set foot in a kingdumb hall since and intend to keep it that way.

Freedom is worth it.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I last went to the Reject Jesus on the Wrong Night Debacle in 2008.

The brown stuff hit the fan about 6 months later, I dealt with the fall-out from that, and would never, ever, attend again

I had planned to do a controlled, slow, fade, but once I had walked out of a K.H, knowing a bit of TTATT, I felt I could never go back.

Don't fanny about folks, walk, and deal with it all like a grown up, WTF can they actually do that you are so afraid of ? you WIMPS ?

• BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind

This will be our first year not attending. I know my mother-in-law will ask if we went though, she's in a different city and congregation than us. But she knows we haven't been going. Anyway, the answer will be an unashamed, no excuse, guilt free NO 😉

• Giordano
    Giordano

No way I'm going this year either, not unless Jesus himself invites me - in person.

Jesus is on the phone Bonsai....... and he's calling from Salt Lake City.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit