Help messy problem

by poopie 40 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie
    The problem is I have a baptized witness going out on service door to door giveing comments at kh who for the last 4 years has had sex with at least 10 prostitutes and regularly takes drugs ie speed the cong has no idea he's doing this he says he will never go to elders for fear his family will shun him if df so he continues I know because he tells me everything should I tell the elders or not.
  • cofty
    cofty
    No
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Unless his behavior is directly hurting you, just leave him alone. Consenting adults and all that. Just my opinion

Edit: on second thought, even if his behavior is hurting you, there are better ways to handle it than going to cult elders. If you are being affected by his behavior, I'm sure many here (including myself) would be glad to help you find a solution.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    The elders get to hide what they do why shouldn't he.
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt

NO NO NO!! Its his life - elders have no rights to meddle into someone else's life.

If he is addicted and in trouble, try and get him help OUTSIDE the congregation which will do NOTHING to help.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    i honestly have no idea if this is true or not. poopie is a little off his rocker.
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Aren't you the guy that whines about shunning in every thread you start? Now you want to contribute to someone getting shunned? I'm starting to believe that poopie isn't for real, and my faith is shattered.
  • Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

10 prostitutes - 'working girls' sounds better - in four years is fairly infrequent if it's on the basis of once each. Even if it's five times each, that's only about one jump a week. Quite normal, I would have thought and no problem if he can afford it. Probably better for him than going to KH once a week and may work out cheaper.

Drugs are a bigger problem and could cause harm - and be more expensive. That would cause me concern.

But not the business of anyone else, esp. JWs. What are they going to do, counsel him from their experience? Or find some Bronze Age writings which may apply?

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

PS: If it makes you feel better, think of the working girls as part-time 'concubines' and your associate as a would-be part-time 'Solomon'.

There, problem fixed.

His biggest problem is that he's a baptised dub. THAT'S what he should be working on.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Edited to erase my comment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit