The Children Act - Emma Thompson - advertised on ITV One - prime time.

by freddo 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I did enjoy it cobweb. They did not get it wrong, I'm baffled where that idea has come from. It's amazingly accurate. Mentions elders, the governing body. If the family struggle to explain the no blood rule I think it's because anyone would struggle with it.

• cofty
    cofty
    It reminded me of Willy Russell's Educating Rita. That scene in the pub after she's been studying Shakespeare and she thinks Lady Macbeth is a cow. Her husband and family are having fun in the pub and she just feels lost. - xant

One of the most poignant scenes in any film ever.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I went to see it and felt it was a very good representation of the JW thinking and mindset.

• cofty
    cofty

I saw it this evening at Leith, Edinburgh. Brilliant film!

It perfectly captures the bewilderment of JWs who lose faith.

Emma Thompson is outstanding.

• Listener
    Listener
    Last Man Standing - With very little effort, if they would humbly accept the helps offered them, these judges and politicians and law enforcers could make and enforce the correct decisions in the cases of JWs of any age with respect to refusing blood products that will save life.

The Organization would be forced to face the realities of their stand - God's laws before man's. Could they accept medical treatment or be hospitalized knowing that a blood transfusion would be administered?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit