What Makes Someone Become a JW?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    I’m really curious about this too. Especially since when I express any doubt PIMIs tell me that educated people (scientists, doctors, lawyers, professors) are coming into the Truth, so therefore it must be true.
    Any thoughts on this?

Yes, there are educated people in the JW world and educated people are getting baptized.

You need educated people to run a cult, religion, country, drug cartel and even a terrorist network. How in the world can you run any kind of an empire without any knowledge and education?

You need a perfect mix of educated, uneducated, smart, street-smart, rich and poor people to run a religion/cult.

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

@pometerre21

https://youtu.be/Y201QzDdzbg

I recommend this video here. It’s applicable to JWs and I think after watching this video you’ll be able to understand why intelligent people, whether it may be doctors or lawyers or scientists join religions or high control groups.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Excellent video Jules.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Religions like the JWS is an act of cultivating power by propagating lies and misinformation.

God is power, therefore if someone says I have gods guiding holy spirit, that is power to those who make such a claim.

The WTS heads have deviated away from Scripture in their endeavoring actions of proliferating literature.

• rulehayl
    rulehayl

I'm a convert and I love it

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

OZ GIRL:

I joined the JW religion for the exact same reasons you did...I was interested in end of the world prophecy and also because they claimed they had no clergy class. They said everybody there was equal.

Too bad there was no internet back then to fact check anything. I had one rude awakening after another. When the 1995 teaching on Generation came out I knew it was over and I finally walked away from the whole charade.

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

I'm a born-in but I know for my mom the big thing was the hope of the resurrection. From what I've observed of some of my family's studies, the community is a huge pull. Especially among newly immigrated in the USA. It's not uncommon for immigrants to become church goers and religiously inclined, even if in their country of origin they weren't too religious, because they feel isolated and lonely. It's like an instant network and since JW are so close knit and help you get jobs/housing/services/etc it has a huge appeal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit